Hidden Motor In Cycling?

I was going off behind a big group of guys, probably age 45-65 at my course on Sunday. Listening to them discuss the lengths they go to to sandbag and keep their handicap up was disgusting. My favorite quote was "I knew if I shot a 74 again my handicap would round down to 8, but if I shot a 75 it would round up to a 9, so I bogeyed 17 and 18 intentionally. So he had a legit shot at a 73, and even par was within site, yet he is a 9. How awesome.

Not proper golfers then really, are they. Everyone I know that is into the game as much as me plays themselves before the opponent. If they had the chance to take a stroke off their handicap, they would grab it with both hands. Any monthly medals you might win are a bonus. I'd rather be a good golfer and never win anything than be a bandit with a shelf full off trophies!

Doesn't shock me at all as someone who follows professional cycling nothing in that world shocks me. This is the first time it has been proven but the speculation has been there for a while now. Fabian Cancellara was the first I can recall being accused about 3 years ago.

War Eagle is right though the cheating that goes on at amateur levels is insane. There have been confirmed doping cases for Catagory 4 racers (1 step up from beginners). Crazy how much cheating has been linked to cycling

I'm a casual cyclist that rides for fitness and will normally do a few century rides each summer but I have buddies that ride Cat 2 and there is some serious doping going on in the amateur ranks. I don't get it but I do expect cheating/doping at all levels of cycling.

Back