Hidden Motor In Cycling?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL. I'm not even sure what to think about that other than it sounds like a marvel of engineering.

Sports have become such a joke. I'd never thought in something like cycling there would be so much cheating... I get professional sports with millions of dollars worth of contracts.... but cycling? All the steroids and whatnot, and now this? (i realize it isn't a professional tour de france level rider but still...)

Some people will do anything to win. I'm sure just thought she wouldn't get caught. I used to be a huge cycling fan when Lance was making his run in the TDF, but the sport is just so dirty.

I would think they could find a better of describing this....Bike Doping just sounds dumb.

I would like to see the details of how this is done. Crazy.

My favorite part about this? It was "accidentally" put in the bike.

Quite the impressive mechanical mistake of you ask me.

For those that are curious about the cheating in the sport, if you knew how crazy these guys were about Cyclocross in Belgium you would understand why everyone is trying to get an unfair advantage, much like the steroids in baseball.

I saw the few articles on this over the weekend and wondered what the cyclists here thought of that (obviously I'm assuming a big WTF).

Like soccer, futbol, whatever, cycling is crazy dominant in Europe. If you don't like riding around riders here in the US, you should try living over there for a few years. PACKS of them. Everywhere! All the time.

I'll never understand the rampant cheating and scandals in cycling, soccer for that matter, or even the NE Patriots. :)

Classic, even the lies are lame!!

Knew it was only going to be a matter of time befor someone tried this. Most sports have their issues but seems like cycling is a never ending scandal.

Wasn't there a similar scam exposed last year? This seems familiar

Crazy, pretty cool how the motor runs the crank with a touch of a button.

Lol she was unaware. B!tch didn't realize all of the sudden biking was much much easier

Wasn't there a similar scam exposed last year? This seems familiar

No, this is the first time someone has been found with it. The technology was discovered last year by the governing bodies and at every event, they are looking at bikes now. They were certain Froome was using one in the Tour de France and they checked his bike after every stage and was never found.

No, this is the first time someone has been found with it. The technology was discovered last year by the governing bodies and at every event, they are looking at bikes now. They were certain Froome was using one in the Tour de France and they checked his bike after every stage and was never found.
I guess that is what I was remembering

You guys would be amazed at the biggest percentage of cheaters in cycling, as it doesnt come on the Professional level...

Mens age groups 60+ in amateur level cycling is the biggest culprit. Reading some article on it a while back, it says that retired men who have nothing to do but train with their time, get super competitive and end up doping for an advantage over their peers. Cycling governing bodies are now at a TON of the bigger amateur events (triathlons, crit races, road races) and testing the older age groupers and the number of positive tests are staggering.

Doesn't shock me at all as someone who follows professional cycling nothing in that world shocks me. This is the first time it has been proven but the speculation has been there for a while now. Fabian Cancellara was the first I can recall being accused about 3 years ago.

War Eagle is right though the cheating that goes on at amateur levels is insane. There have been confirmed doping cases for Catagory 4 racers (1 step up from beginners). Crazy how much cheating has been linked to cycling

that's just crazy. Next they will find a way to make a snowboard with a motor. Or ski's even. Some smart folks out there for sure.

Yeah, the article in the first post was discussing that very thing.
Good stuff.

You guys would be amazed at the biggest percentage of cheaters in cycling, as it doesnt come on the Professional level...

Mens age groups 60+ in amateur level cycling is the biggest culprit. Reading some article on it a while back, it says that retired men who have nothing to do but train with their time, get super competitive and end up doping for an advantage over their peers. Cycling governing bodies are now at a TON of the bigger amateur events (triathlons, crit races, road races) and testing the older age groupers and the number of positive tests are staggering.

I'm not surprised by this. Obviously not at the same level, but all you need to do is go to a golf course and watch the older guys cheat to realize how willing people are to break the rules in competitive events. It's stupid, but it's a reality.

I'm not surprised by this. Obviously not at the same level, but all you need to do is go to a golf course and watch the older guys cheat to realize how willing people are to break the rules in competitive events. It's stupid, but it's a reality.

haha true. D-bags don't get nicer with age, they just get older.

I saw something once where it appeared a cyclist used something like this in competition. He was not a big name and all of a sudden in the race he just took off on his own like a madman in the middle of the race.

I was a big Lance Armstrong fan, rooted for him for every TDF. Used to hear the allegations of cheating but I closed my eyes to it. How naive I was and how, well disappointed is not a strong enough word, disgusted I was when it came to be true. Can't watch cycling anymore. I think they all cheat.

I was going off behind a big group of guys, probably age 45-65 at my course on Sunday. Listening to them discuss the lengths they go to to sandbag and keep their handicap up was disgusting. My favorite quote was "I knew if I shot a 74 again my handicap would round down to 8, but if I shot a 75 it would round up to a 9, so I bogeyed 17 and 18 intentionally. So he had a legit shot at a 73, and even par was within site, yet he is a 9. How awesome.

I was going off behind a big group of guys, probably age 45-65 at my course on Sunday. Listening to them discuss the lengths they go to to sandbag and keep their handicap up was disgusting. My favorite quote was "I knew if I shot a 74 again my handicap would round down to 8, but if I shot a 75 it would round up to a 9, so I bogeyed 17 and 18 intentionally. So he had a legit shot at a 73, and even par was within site, yet he is a 9. How awesome.

Hell, I'm trying to get my handicap lower. I wan't to be the best golfer I can be and my handicap tracks my improvement. I couldn't care less about using it to win some club tournament. I play with a guy who's a 14 or 15 and I am trying to beat him straight up. We never bring handicap into the conversation except in jest. Oh, beat him the last time out but he has been working on a new swing.

When my dad lived in Cheval, they called people like that out. Even banned a guy that had won the club championship before everyone started getting wise. They're down at Verandah now, and if you have a tee time and don't record your score on their computer, you get an email and a phone call. I'm waiting to see old men fist fight over sandbagging.

Back