High handicap/beginner

Bigralf76

Reaction score
Anyone using the 718 ap1 or the t300/400 as high handicap or beginner?

I currently have fmax and just not getting my gaps figured out with these onelengths

I play the AP1 710's as a 19 handicap, the tech has probably come a long way in the 718's but I have been gaming these a couple of years if you have any questions (mine are not one length though).

I think @OldandStiff has a T300, but he’s almost certainly higher on the + side of HC than I am on the - side.

I think he hit some decent ( 🤣 ) drives with it.

Sorry not much help but welcome to THP!

Played the T300 irons most of last year and they are very good and forgiving. I play to about a 12-14 depending on how I'm swinging it. What I liked most about the T300's is it's almost hard to make a bad shot with them. Even off center shots are not punishing.

I decided this season to switch to the Apex 21's - combo set with the 4,5,6 in the DCB. Slightly longer and seem to be a little more consistent with the Apex. I could play the T300's and be pretty happy, in fact, I kept them just in case the Apex's didn't work out.

I'll probably wait a few weeks then take the T300's out for a round and see how they perform.

Played the T300 irons most of last year and they are very good and forgiving. I play to about a 12-14 depending on how I'm swinging it. What I liked most about the T300's is it's almost hard to make a bad shot with them. Even off center shots are not punishing.

I decided this season to switch to the Apex 21's - combo set with the 4,5,6 in the DCB. Slightly longer and seem to be a little more consistent with the Apex. I could play the T300's and be pretty happy, in fact, I kept them just in case the Apex's didn't work out.

I'll probably wait a few weeks then take the T300's out for a round and see how they perform.
Thank you for you opinion and reply

I went to my golf range and they had a
718 ap1 7 iron available to try on the range and it was very easy to hit felt great
And was very consistent and I was hitting what I was able to hit a 7 at last yr. Very impressed. So I ordered a used set 7-pw
With graphite shaft. The iron I tested had the steel shaft

I currently game 716 ap1 with xp90 r300 shafts. I usually shoot low to mids 90s. Trying to get into the 80s this season.

Back