hitting good iron shots

toohottie

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing for about 5 yrs. now and just recently lost over 50 pounds. I can not hit my irons at all with any power. I hit my 5 wood about 210yrds and my 3 wood about 230. I average about 260 with my driver with control yet I can't hit a pitching wedge 100 yrds. I have no consistencey with any of my irons. I am scrambling pretty well and still shooting in the mid 90s. Would love some tips on how to make good contact with my irons and improve my power. Help Please.

I would be curios to see your swing. I find golfers fall into 1 of 2 categories. Those who like the woods and not the irons....those who like the irons and not th woods. Weight loss can have a big influence on your swing. It leads to a change in posture and will also in some cases change your swing plane as well. My thoughts are you were used to swinging on the flat side of things and with the weight loss the flat swing works with the woods but not the irons. If posible I would love you to take a video of your swing from the front (ball side looking at you) and the side showing your profile. That way I can get a feel for what is going on. Would that work for you?

Back