Hitting the reset button

I've taken a break if I fall into a bad streak of rounds, or just go to the range with no agenda and hit balls however I want.

Sometimes I will just watch more golf on tv too. Seeing golfers play well gives me that mental confidence that I can do it too.

Not gonna go to the range tomorrow due to incoming severe weather, but I cleaned my sticks, bag and shoes to Take Me Home, Country Roads and I feel at peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just accept that you didnt have your best that day and move on. I have days where I cant miss and other days where youd swear Id never picked up a club before. Its OK. Sometimes youre the windshield and sometimes youre the bug.

I take about a week off.....then go back to the range with no other thoughts except going back to the basics and making solid ball contact with no thoughts on how far the ball goes. Just grab one club, 9I for example, and just smoothly hit balls.

Play a few holes, or even 9 with a single club (I'll do a 6-iron usually). I find that hitting so many different types of shots, and playing the same club from different distances, really helps me PLAY the game. Then when I get the full set back, I feel like I've had a good reset and have more confidence.

Start with “golf is not a game of perfect”. Download it, read it and really try to apply his principles. Might clear the upstairs for you. It’s more about the process than the results.

Great book.

Not gonna go to the range tomorrow due to incoming severe weather, but I cleaned my sticks, bag and shoes to Take Me Home, Country Roads and I feel at peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? A bag cleaning without boozin’?? I just don’t know what to make of this.

Back