Horror movie suggestions

AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was thinking if renting "dr sleep" tonight, thoughts?

Any other suggestions for a good horror movie? Has to be newer...I have seen most.

Thanks

The Void
Watched this on a whim about a month ago and it was pretty good especially if you like HP Lovecraft style stuff.

If you watch Dr. Sleep, I need a review of it.

Last one I watched was IT chapter 2.
If you haven't seen Get Out, it's worth a watch.

If you watch Dr. Sleep, I need a review of it.

Last one I watched was IT chapter 2.
If you haven't seen Get Out, it's worth a watch.
Got a funny story with that movie (it 2). I took my wife to see it, no clue why she wanted to see it...I told her I was going and she said "oh, I really want to see that"...and after the very first scene, with the 2 guys getting attacked, she got up and left...lol. I did like that movie

Got a funny story with that movie (it 2). I took my wife to see it, no clue why she wanted to see it...I told her I was going and she said "oh, I really want to see that"...and after the very first scene, with the 2 guys getting attacked, she got up and left...lol. I did like that movie

haha, I rented it last week while I was still on quarantine in my basement because my wife has zero interest in the IT movies. When she came down and saw that I was watching it, she looked at me and said THANK YOU, because I didn't make her watch it with me.

I enjoyed Dr. Sleep quite a bit. It's by Mike Flanagan (Oculus, Haunting of Hill House, Gerald's Game, Hush, Ouija: Origins of Evil) and he does a solid job of storytelling with it. If you like his writing in those other films/shows, you'll probably like Dr. Sleep. It's not a very scary movie, per say. It's good in that it deals with PTSD and working through personal demons of your past in order to move forward. I found a lot of meaning in the movie, personally. Definitely doesn't feel like a sequel to the Shining, if that's what you're looking for. More like a side addition or addendum to it.

Rebecca Ferguson is stunning as the villain in the movie by the way. She's worth the watch alone if you ask me.

Hmm, scary movies are too scary for me... BUT, I have seen a few. The Insidious movies are pretty solid.

always good to re-watch The Shining

Wrong Turn - just never watch it is your driving through the mountains of WV the next day.

I'd offer some suggestions up but I don't seek those types of movies out... they're not my thing. I prefer action with lots of 'splosions and killin' !

I still need to watch Dr. Sleep. I read the book and enjoyed it well enough. Not nearly as much as The Shining though.

I’m a sucker for that style though, so my suggestions would be movies like Children of the Corn, The Shining, and Psycho.

Have you seen Babadook? Best recentish one that I can think of.

There are many different kinds of horror movies but here are some you might not have seen:

Dead End - A sleeper that is highly underrated.
Graveyard Shift - Cheesy Stephen King but it's pretty watchable.
Pumpkinhead - If you haven't seen this one you're not living. But you've probably seen it.
Death Note - Another sleeper that is great and underrated.
Chernobyl Diaries - Probably saw it already but if not it should be at the top of your list.
The Babysitter - I think this one's a Netflix original but it's greatness. More like a comedy horror.
Silent Hill - Been out for a while and got bad reviews but it's super creepy. I love it.
Ghost Ship - Kinda like Event Horizon but with boats.
Night of the Creeps - Pure cheese but probably the funniest bad horror movie ever.
Prince of Darkness - It's John Carpenter and he's never made a bad movie.
Stay Alive - Another underrated classic about a haunted video game. Probably not a good movie but I love it.

Bonus pick: Child's Play - If you haven't seen the newest reboot it's a good one.

There are many different kinds of horror movies but here are some you might not have seen:

Dead End - A sleeper that is highly underrated.
Graveyard Shift - Cheesy Stephen King but it's pretty watchable.
Pumpkinhead - If you haven't seen this one you're not living. But you've probably seen it.
Death Note - Another sleeper that is great and underrated.
Chernobyl Diaries - Probably saw it already but if not it should be at the top of your list.
The Babysitter - I think this one's a Netflix original but it's greatness. More like a comedy horror.
Silent Hill - Been out for a while and got bad reviews but it's super creepy. I love it.
Ghost Ship - Kinda like Event Horizon but with boats.
Night of the Creeps - Pure cheese but probably the funniest bad horror movie ever.
Prince of Darkness - It's John Carpenter and he's never made a bad movie.
Stay Alive - Another underrated classic about a haunted video game. Probably not a good movie but I love it.

Bonus pick: Child's Play - If you haven't seen the newest reboot it's a good one.
I like all of your picks. Really like prince of darkness and punpkinhead

One of my favorites (although not newer) - The Hitcher.

Showed the wife the trailer for dr sleep and she said no thanks...lol...we ended up watching the tiger show on netflix. Wow odd show....I know it has it own thread, so I will go there to talk about that

There is a small Independant studio called A24. Their horror movies are awesome. They made some popular ones like Midsommar, The Witch, and Herditary. They have several other solid choices for horror.

The Devil's Rejects

Back