PackersGirl

2022 Grandaddy Alum
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What's your favorite hot sauce? This one has the perfect heat and flavor. I buy them about 5 at a time....don't judge.
**full disclosure: we call it "chicken poop sauce" because how in the world can you let your kids say that name? 🤣
20220201_192415.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in WI I go for Little Junior's Hot Dammit sauce. Made in MIlwaukee it's a hot one but not overwhelming, ingredients include ghost peppers, onion, garlic and maybe oranges or some kind of citrus..

For everyday use, I like Trader Joe's Habanero sauce. When I want to turn up the heat when some ice cold adult beverages will accompany my meal, I go with either a Scorpion pepper of Carolina Reaper pepper sauce.

In the last couple of years, I have gone more to pepper powder over sauce. A little of that definitely goes a long way. I have some Ghost, Scorpion and Carolina Reaper powders that I ordered off Amazon. I use the Ghost or Scorpion powders to make my own spicy tortilla chips. Buy the generic chips from Walmart, pour them into another bag, pour a generous amount of Ghost or Scorpion powder in the bottom of the empty bag, return the chips to that bag and then shake to distribute the powder pepper. The Carolina Reaper powder is a little too hot for that use so reserve it for sprinkling on chili, mixing with wing sauce and stuff like that.

And, no, I do not have many taste buds left.

I can’t say I have a favorite hot sauce…if it looks good, and sometimes I’m a sucker on how the label looks.

Being in WI I go for Little Junior's Hot Dammit sauce. Made in MIlwaukee it's a hot one but not overwhelming, ingredients include ghost peppers, onion, garlic and maybe oranges or some kind of citrus..
That sounds delicious! That's what I like, the flavor and heat.

Charo_white_bg.jpg

For everyday use, I like Trader Joe's Habanero sauce. When I want to turn up the heat when some ice cold adult beverages will accompany my meal, I go with either a Scorpion pepper of Carolina Reaper pepper sauce.

In the last couple of years, I have gone more to pepper powder over sauce. A little of that definitely goes a long way. I have some Ghost, Scorpion and Carolina Reaper powders that I ordered off Amazon. I use the Ghost or Scorpion powders to make my own spicy tortilla chips. Buy the generic chips from Walmart, pour them into another bag, pour a generous amount of Ghost or Scorpion powder in the bottom of the empty bag, return the chips to that bag and then shake to distribute the powder pepper. The Carolina Reaper powder is a little too hot for that use so reserve it for sprinkling on chili, mixing with wing sauce and stuff like that.

And, no, I do not have many taste buds left.
I haven't tried pepper powder. I'm going to look into it now. Sounds good!

I'm good with Red Devil. I'm not into the serial killer level of "I hate my ****ing mouth" like some of the hot sauce experts that we have on the forum. Little tang, a little bite and I'm good.

I haven't tried pepper powder. I'm going to look into it now. Sounds good!

This was my last order in December from Amazon. $30 for the 3. The Carolina Reaper powder will likely last a few years because it doesn't take much to put a serious charge in whatever you sprinkle it in. The other 2 have pretty serious kicks as well.

81m27AsWg1L._SL1500_.jpg

0789E706-9D7D-411D-A2F3-636FB2F74373.jpeg

This was my last order in December from Amazon. $30 for the 3. The Carolina Reaper powder will likely last a few years because it doesn't take much to put a serious charge in whatever you sprinkle it in. The other 2 have pretty serious kicks as well.

81m27AsWg1L._SL1500_.jpg

Just put them in my Amazon cart. Definitely going to try them. Thanks!

I gotten to where I make my own, from home grown peppers. My favorite is made with red Fresno Peppers. The Fresnos aren't very hot, but have a fantastic flavor, so Fresnos, garlic, onion, lime, and red or white wine vinegar makes a great medium hot sauce, and for myself I add a few Habaneros to get the heat level up to where I want it.

For a store bought hot sauce this is probably what I use most:

CaliforniaHabaneroHotSauce_7.5oz_360x504.png

I gotten to where I make my own, from home grown peppers. My favorite is made with red Fresno Peppers. The Fresnos aren't very hot, but have a fantastic flavor, so Fresnos, garlic, onion, lime, and red or white wine vinegar makes a great medium hot sauce, and for myself I add a few Habaneros to get the heat level up to where I want it.

For a store bought hot sauce this is probably what I use most:

CaliforniaHabaneroHotSauce_7.5oz_360x504.png
I wish I could make my own. I don't have the patience or the talent for that though 🤣 sounds delicious!
I'll have to try and find that store bought one.

Just put them in my Amazon cart. Definitely going to try them. Thanks!

The ghost pepper powder is the least hot of the three IMO. If you have not had ghost pepper sauce (which is pretty damn hot), you may want to opt for a different package. I'm sure there are some less extreme pepper powders (like jalapeno or habanero) available. It is a pretty big jump from most real habanero sauces to real ghost sauces.

I just looked up your hot sauce and all three of the powders I posted will be a serious jump in Scoville units over your sauce. According to the website, your sauce is in their 3 - 4 heat range. The powders I have fall in 7 - 9 on their scale.

I'm not sure I have a favorite, but a local (Rochester, NY) brand, Karma Sauce, makes some exceptional hot sauces. I just opened one I haden't tried, and it's not for the faint of heart. It's a scorcher!karma-sauce-scorpion-disco-hot-sauce.png

I'm good with Red Devil. I'm not into the serial killer level of "I hate my ****ing mouth" like some of the hot sauce experts that we have on the forum. Little tang, a little bite and I'm good.

Same here! Back in my youth I used to love really, really hot stuff! Not so much today. The regular Frank's is fine. They use it at a local place where I sometimes get breakfast.

We keep a couple of Cholulu bottles around the house.

I really like Cholula. I have their chipotle and habanero sauces. Discovered them at a Mexican restaurant near a golf course that we had to travel a little way to play. My buddy knew of a terrific Mexican place not far from the course. I tried every hot sauce in the rack. Once I hit the Cholula chipotle I was hooked. I pointed it out to everyone, and we nearly killed the bottle between us. It only has a little heat, but the flavor is incredible! I get these sausage, egg, and cheese burritos from a nearby Circle K store that are delicious! I love to put the Cholula chipotle on them and chow down!

Back