Hot Take: MTV The Challenge BEST reality show ever

brians

2023 GRANDADDY X (marks the spot)
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
After reading through the tv shows that some people just don’t get, there is one you’ll never see on the list.

MTV the Challenge. THE GREATEST reality show ever.
Let me preface that in 38 seasons I’ve never missed an episode so I’ve given it a fair shake lol. Challenges. Yes. Drama. Yes. Voted in? Yes AND they get to fight to stay in so choose who you vote in carefully!!

It has absolutely zero transparency. The meat heads are certainly paid to do ridiculous things and vote certain ways etc.
Just pure entertainment.
There are others of course but all have their flaws.
Discuss?

Sorry, it's jersey shore.
I can’t agree on that one. There are no challenges or getting thrown off though. ( and we are all about Pauly D up here!! )

I can’t agree on that one. There are no challenges or getting thrown off though. ( and we are all about Pauly D up here!! )
To be fair, I've never seen the challenge. I'm just a big jersey shore fan 😬

The Challenge is amazing! I’ve only missed the last season and this season since we don’t have cable anymore

Weird way to spell Survivor

never seen it.....or jersey shore.....or batchelor or bachette

or any kind of those housewives shows

I think the real take here is that people still watch MTV.

Gotta be the curse of oak island for me. Just can’t give up on this treasure hunt.

I was never big on reality tv but I’ll admit I watched a bit when I was younger. For me it’s gotta be the early road rules or the original laguna beach just because it was such a new concept to me at the time.

MTV is still a thing? That’s mind blowing. I feel like my kids wouldn’t even know what MTV was.

Didn't know MTV was still on-air. I don't think I've ever watched an entire episode of a reality show.

Didn't know MTV was still on-air. I don't think I've ever watched an entire episode of a reality show.
Oh you are missing a treat here. They put a bunch of good looking people in a house with competitions. It’s like survivor with way more steroids and drinking.

Gotta be the curse of oak island for me. Just can’t give up on this treasure hunt.

I was never big on reality tv but I’ll admit I watched a bit when I was younger. For me it’s gotta be the early road rules or the original laguna beach just because it was such a new concept to me at the time.
Oak island would be the one that could top it. You know this is a weakness for me! Someday a pilgrimage will happen.

That doesn't sound appealing at all.
After all of the time I’ve invested watching it, I can probably say you definitely have the right idea.

Challenge junkie myself— think I’ve seen just about every season of it. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I remember when it was Road Rules. I liked that show, but I was in my 20’s and drinking a lot so my judgement was severely compromised.

Oak island would be the one that could top it. You know this is a weakness for me! Someday a pilgrimage will happen.
Chipping contest to the money pit, closest to the treasure wins 😂

MTV is still around?

We watched the one on CBS a few months ago. Enjoyed it. May have to dive in the MTV ones

Oak Island is my jam!

I’ll go with chopped or the original Iron Chef. The last 15 minutes of forged in fire is decent.

Chipping contest to the money pit, closest to the treasure wins 😂
I’m in! Winner pays the fine. ( it’s Canadian money so it can’t be much )

Last edited:
I’ll go with chopped or the original Iron Chef. The last 15 minutes of forged in fire is decent.
good choices. Food network shows stand alone

Back