How close do you expect to get..?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
When you have a very normal shot from 40 to 50 yards out (nice lie and pretty flat to the green)... how close to the hole do you expect to get... ???

I expect to be on the green. I can really throw some darts from that distance too.

Put it up on the dance floor. If I try to put it close that’s usually when I end up in trouble.

As others have said already, my goal is just to be on the green.

Just get it on the green!

I just want to give myself a putt. I have no "distance to the hole" expectations.

Edit: not sure I want to go down this road tonight. :LOL:

I expect to be pretty close though.

I expect to have a chance for 1 putt and should be auto 2 putt

<20 ft. at 50. On the green at 40. I practice a lot of 50 yarders at the range. Choking down and taking a shorter swing for 40 just hasn’t clicked yet.

50yds expectation is 10ft or less. This has been a nemesis yardage tho

I expect to be within 20’ or so of the hole.

To have a good look at a one putt. But more importantly to be on the correct side of the hole. No sense in getting close if you leave yourself a down hill snapping putt.

I’m looking to be on the green.

I was practicing this shot today... and about the best I could usually come up with was 10 to 15 feet from the hole. Many times farther away than that. You all are making me feel better.

I'm happy as long as my next stroke is made with a putter.

Trying to get it real close, expect to at least get it on green, most should be well inside 20 feet.

Realistically, just on the green somewhere, but I'd hope to be close enough to avoid a 3 putt.

I want to have a reasonable putt from inside 50 yards. However my putting has been so bad lately it doesn’t matter

I want to be close for potential 1 putt but that distance is my nemesis.

Inside 20’

On the green. Some days it will be close, other days I'm happy if it's in the same zip code.

I'll get it on the green nine times out of 10, but I can't put it close enough to start shaving putts or anything.

I've gotten very good from 40-50 yds the past few years thanks to the 9 hole pitch & putt at my home course where i practice this shot often. Inside 5-10 feet is not uncommon, average is 15-20 feet. I play the shot with a PW and rely on a little check, bounce, and roll out. It's a very simple shot to pull off with some practice until you get a feel for it.
Humble brag - i've made 3 "hole-in-ones" on the P&P course within the last year & half; 2 on the same 50 yd hole and 1 on a 45 yd hole.

Back