How do you birdie?

Three of my last four birdies came on putts of under 10'. The fourth was about 55' and it's a good thing I hit the centre of the hole, otherwise I'd have been 10' past the hole.

Had 4, they all came on the par 5s. 1 was a 2 putt birdie and the other 3 were getting up and down inside 30 yards after my second shot

Mine come from a wide variety. There are holes I walk up to thinking that I should make a birdie. I rarely do. The holes that I think par is a good score often turn into birdies.

My most common are on par 5's. I'm blessed to hit it far enough that if I hit a good drive on most of the par 5's I play, birdie becomes par basically. On a typical par 72 course around here I usually have at least one eagle putt and I'm usually just off another time or two.

I rarely make them on par 3's. As easy as the par 5's are for me on the courses I frequent, the par 3's around here are mostly not fun. Most of the short ones have ridiculous greens. The course I played today is a good indicator. Hole 5 is only 139 from the back tees. I hit a wedge that landed 6' from the flag then promptly spun back off the front leaving me a 30 yard pitch straight back up the hill. I missed carrying the upslope by less than a foot. Hole 6 was 178 and I struck the ball well just hit it too high into the wind. The green is surrounded by water front, right, and long. I hit into the top of the last stupid railroad tie that seperated the green and the water and was taking a drop. I went from flying high on the front to thinking about taking up knitting or quilting in 15 minutes. I hate those stupid holes.

Back