Votes: 6 6.8%
  • A fork

Votes: 50 56.8%
  • A spork

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Interesting, in that sushi is traditionally picked up to eat with your fingers, not chopsticks.

Sticks and always with Green Tee.

I always use chopsticks, but then I use chopsticks a lot for other things as well.

Using chopsticks feels like trying to write left handed, its sloppy

I suspect that the problem westerners have with chopsticks is that we try to use them like forks! And that's a mistake because they don't work the same way! There are not tines on chopsticks! If you view any video of asians eating with chopsticks, they usually have a small serving of food in a small bowl. This they hold very close to their face and just kind of shovel the food into their mouths using the chopsticks! Unless they are very large pieces, it is hard to hold a single bite of food with chopsticks!

I suspect that the problem westerners have with chopsticks is that we try to use them like forks! And that's a mistake because they don't work the same way! There are not tines on chopsticks! If you view any video of asians eating with chopsticks, they usually have a small serving of food in a small bowl. This they hold very close to their face and just kind of shovel the food into their mouths using the chopsticks! Unless they are very large pieces, it is hard to hold a single bite of food with chopsticks!

hence forkage

norm crosby.jpg

Chopsticks. It's the whole experience I guess.

Chopsticks for sushi (even though it’s really finger food), but a fork otherwise. Except for soup.

I like chopsticks weeks I don't have to wash them. It's a win-win.

Not a big fan so I rarely eat it. When I break down and eat it with my wife and daughter, both of which really like it, I am definitely eating it with a fork.

💯 chop sticks at home or in restaurant.

I have some nice chopsticks for the house that are washable.

Chopsticks for sushi or hibachi, fork for anything else.

Would like to use chopsticks but am not good at it at all so it ends up being fork.

Maybe its the amount of milk you consume, but I am somehow shocked you can use chopsticks. :alien:
Several tours in Japan and you can get proficient :D

Back