How Do You Keep Score?

I use my golf shot app to track my score but I will use a paper copy for league nights. I got bored on day at work and imported the scorecard into my cad program and have it all set up for handicaps and those dots to keep track. It’s okay, I make fun of myself for doing it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old school - scorecard and pencil. I don't care about all those statistics. They are not going to help me play better. Concentrating on my game will.

Paper scorecard. I write down a ‘-‘ for par, or +/- and a number for over/under par. I also keep track of putts. If it is not a practice round I will input the score afterward into GHIN.

Scorecard and hole19

My GPS watch lets me do score and breaks it down by where my tee shot landed (fairway, miss left or right), OB shots, # of putts. Guessing it calculates GIRs from there.

Traditional score card but I have been trying to use Golfshot this season for GPS and scores.

Just the scorecard Then take a picture at end of round to put into the grint

Traditional scorecard on the course with my own chicken scratch and notes. Take a picture after the round then input it into the grint when I get home. I was using game golf as well but I’ve pretty much given up on that garbage fire.

I just go with the ole pencil and scorecard.

I use ShotScope, download the results after I get home.

18birdies for now. I haven't set myself up for a official handicap yet but I am going to start next year. Might have to stop my gypsy ways and actually join a club.

I keep track on my watch but also write it down, not sure why i do both but I do.

I'm back to a pencil and scorecard. It's the most reliable. It's the best way to keep statistics, too. Cheapest. You can enter your game stats in EXCEL or other spreadsheet program at home post round. Want to know how far you hit your shot? Measure with your range finder and write it down on your scorecard. Who cares about these stupid apps anyway. Or buy Game Golf Live and tag your clubs.

If I only need to keep mine it's in my head in relation to par, good old-fashioned card if I'm keeping score for others, gotta keep track of greenies and birdies.....

Here's today's scorecard. I keep track like this except for tournaments when I'm otherwise distracted:

c9d1d3a2b995cb1331e003f10d28eb48.jpg

In my head unless I’m keeping score for the group, which is only about 25 percent of the time. I have a brain that keeps score no matter how hard I try not to.

Scorecard and The Grint.

The Grint online app is so easy and quick to enter hole scores, and all the stats for the hole. Actually quicker than using a card & pencil. Don't have to re-enter any data after the round. And every few months (or as often as you like) you can check your stats to see where you are coming up short or what your long suit might be.

I have tried several systems and the Grint is the absolutely fastest and easiest I have found.

I have started using a Shot Scope v2 this year to give me the actual distance for each club on the course, it is working fairly well but does take some getting used to when using. It does not keep stats or scores but is a great addition to really learn how far you are hitting your clubs when actually playing. It can be eye opening data when you find out your P-average (average excluding the outliers) may not be what you consider your club yardage.

Scorecard and a sense of humour.

I track # of putts as well.

The Grint online app is so easy and quick to enter hole scores, and all the stats for the hole. Actually quicker than using a card & pencil. Don't have to re-enter any data after the round. And every few months (or as often as you like) you can check your stats to see where you are coming up short or what your long suit might be.

I have tried several systems and the Grint is the absolutely fastest and easiest I have found.

I have started using a Shot Scope v2 this year to give me the actual distance for each club on the course, it is working fairly well but does take some getting used to when using. It does not keep stats or scores but is a great addition to really learn how far you are hitting your clubs when actually playing. It can be eye opening data when you find out your P-average (average excluding the outliers) may not be what you consider your club yardage.
I really need to try this. I've paid for Grint over a year (after using it free for so long, felt compelled to support them) yet I use NONE of the cool features.

I’ve been using SwingU. Very happy with it.

I use ShotScope and scorecard as backup. Download and edit when I get home then it goes into The Grint.

I use swing u app as well. I walk, so i have cell phone holder on my walking cart and it works really well. Simple to use. I like the app feature of sending a text to friend and he can follow my round.(text mocking my round follows. LOL)

Just a regular old scorecard & pencil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back