How do you mark your ball?

Green dots near the number, either 1, 2 or 3 dots depending on how many provisionsal balls I am hitting.. :)

I know there's a reason so I must know why for each lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a geek lol. 42 is the answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything. From the funniest book ever written (and a good movie too) Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy.

And 137 is a bad science joke from a book I read as a kid. Alpha is a property of the electron, and it is almost exactly the reciprocal of 137 (when 1st calculated it seemed exactly 137). And like most universe constants, scientists just don’t know why it’s exactly that number. So the author made a joke that if ever in need in a city, just hold up a sign with 137 and a physicist will know it means IDK, help!

I don't unless playing in a tournament. Then it is just a 1 dimple silver dot by the ball number. Not a fan of seeing anything extra in addition to what is already printed on the ball.

Usually I play Truvis, but when playing a white ball just a couple dots beneath the number on the ball, on each side.

Dog paw Tin Cup stencil.

Two Orange Dots, lined up vertically next to Callaway logo and an orange line for alignment

Single large pink dot to the right of the number.

Lightning bolt Tin Cup stencil, unless I'm playing Bridgestone "B" labeled balls, then I just color in the "B", red on one side, blue on the other.

I have been playing Truvis which none of my friends play but if I need to mark my ball its usually BB which are my Inits.

With GolfDotz decals. Love those things.

I color in 3 dimples to the top-left of the logo. I use a blue sharpie that I got at the US Open at Erin hills that was used for most of the signatures I got. Spieth, Reed, Beef, Justin Rose, Davis Love III and his son Dru, Piers and Andy from MeandMyGolf and many more.

I keep thinking "I really hope one of these days it'll be like that Like Mike movie where I get struck by lightning and suddenly I'll be amazing". Knowing my luck, I'll get the skill of the 5 year old that picked up the marker when I dropped it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
3 blue dots under the taylormade number

I put one dot to the left of the number.

I got some personalized balls as a gift and use those. I also put a half circle on them to help with my putting.

I play a yellow Srixon. I haven’t seen any others playing them so I don’t mark it.

This year I've just been doing one orange dot, or when I play the Maple Leaf Truvis I just leave it be.

No need to as I play the Snell MTB Black and have never been grouped with anyone who has played a Snell ball.

Green line

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Multiple people saying they don't mark their ball ... A few because their playing partners don't use same ball.

But what about other people on the course ? Or (and this has happened) what about when you put the ball in the bush and find the ball you hit last week sitting right next to yours.

Should always mark, besides it's fun :)

I draw a stick figure with a square block head. (The head around the logo) in both sides.

I've even had people return found balls to me weeks later because of my distinct markings.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

I play Snell so I really don't have to mark it because I never have, except for last week, played with some one who played Snell. I do mark my ball anyway with just a small red slash under the number.

Back