How does your public courses handle slow play

George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Can't skip a hole at our course because there would be two groups in front of you backed up also haha.

We don't have rangers. On a weekend in the summer it is pretty much jam packed. We also don't have many slow players just a ton of beginners

Ha, they don’t care.

After reading all these.. it makes it feel like once you pay your money.Your on your own babe

Who else would like to try pickle ball? That seems like takes less time

Very little to nothing. We have rangers on Friday - Sunday but they do little more than ride around talking to their friends and watching them play.

Not much... although I asked them to take the Choke off the Buckshot. Yep, what you're doing now...they just stared at me.

bots GIF

The public course I sometimes (rarely) still play does nothing. They've even let slow pokes stop and have lunch, then butt back in on the 10th tee.

Stevie Wonder Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

The manager will warn me that the course is busy and ask I adjust my expectations when I call for a tee time. I’ve also seen him drive a cart out to the first green and ask the slow pokes to let me/faster players play through. Unfortunately, he is not a ranger and is unable to control pop beyond that.

usually rangers around here... to try and move people along but what are they really going to do, throw people off the course?

They do their best to move folks along and not be jerks about it... since they'll see the same groups, same time, in the coming days or weeks. Current strategy as a player; Hope for 4/sub 4 hour rounds but brace yourself for 5 or 5+.... just in case. Maybe pack a lunch before you leave the house.... :ROFLMAO:

If we call the clubhouse they always send someone out to talk to the slow group. We used to wait and catch the marshal when he made his rounds but they know us pretty well and they are the ones who told us to call so they can rectify the problem quicker. We rarely go over 4 hours.

Back