• Dial up

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other (use comments)

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
How fast is your internet connection? 1Gbps? 300Mbps? 100Mbps? Dial up?

I paid for 300Mbps for a while, but recently lowered it to 100Mbps. We have Cox and it's usually reasonably close to that number.

I'm at 144.8 down and 10.4 up just now.

I have between 300 and 400 Mbps but I have almost everything running through the internet. We also have about 50 Mbps up.

110 down. 98 up. I can get a gig but don't see the need. Everything I need to run does great on 100.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

A bit excessive sure...but the price of 200mbps was the same as 500mbps, no contract required.

It has been nice to know that no matter how much traffic we've thrown at the network at 1 time (3 zoom meetings, 2-3 streaming tvs, xbox, 3 cell phones at same time...) we haven't seen a dip in quality/service.
1785f9698d42309d4616880c8f2b8152.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

A bit excessive sure...but the price of 200mbps was the same as 500mbps, no contract required.

It has been nice to know that no matter how much traffic we've thrown at the network at 1 time (3 zoom meetings, 2-3 streaming tvs, xbox, 3 cell phones at same time...) we haven't seen a dip in quality/service.

Nice! I mean, if you can go from 200 to 500 for no upcharge, why not?

Nice! I mean, if you can go from 200 to 500 for no upcharge, why not?
Prior to getting this, I was running cable tv and had 50/50 service. I "cut the cord" and was shopping internet service when my existing provider said I could have 200mbps for $60/month. I was ready to move forward, but thought I'd ask what the next level of service was and how much....and the rep said 500 for $60. Done.

856 down 38.6 up, slower by 20ish on the download speed tonight.

532.4 down 37.6 up on my Pixel 3

Internet is embarrassing up here. There is a monopoly and they gouge at every opportunity. I pay $189/month for 400 GB usage cap at 125 down and 12.5 up.

I just tested. At 9:45 pm I get 21.1 down and 12.2 up.

If I saw most of your numbers, I’d look out my window for a unicorn.

Wow, those do speeds are high. Are they maximum speeds?

In the UK, providers have to advertise based on average, rather than maximum speeds.

Our service is 70mb down (20 Up) and is $40 per month. It's enough for us to stream Netflix, Internet browse and conduct a video call at the same time.

I have just ran a speedtest, and considering both of us are logged in and using VPN for work, and Jen is currently on a video conference call, we are getting 220 down and 20 up

Our package is for 300, so can't complain considering the current volume of traffic whilst I ran the speed test

I am nowhere near these numbers. I use att uverse and it's sooo slow... 25 mbps... On the latest speed test.

I pay for 400 but never get close, it's all over the place

We're moving in June and so happy to get away from Spectrum!!!

3E7D2ACF-2024-43E7-B9BF-EAB06EBC1AC4.jpeg

It’s ridiculously slow on the line I am on despite paying for almost the most expensive, unlimited service. I just checked and getting 44 down/11 up. I’ll have to check what I’m paying for again.

On average about 6 down. You that have the fast stuff should be happy.

Wow, those do speeds are high. Are they maximum speeds?

In the UK, providers have to advertise based on average, rather than maximum speeds.

Our service is 70mb down (20 Up) and is $40 per month. It's enough for us to stream Netflix, Internet browse and conduct a video call at the same time.
Nope...what I posted above are real speeds. That is from my Google Mesh network that I use across my house. I know that 500/500 is enough to run a business or even my entire street...but they offered it and I took it.

I’m with Comcast. No fios in my subdivision currently. I’m pay for 150/12 but depending on traffic get anywhere from 45-150 download. Usually the upload is right there at 10-12.

my vote was what comcast SAYS it is...however, that is NOT the case.

I'm on fiber. 106 down and 97.4 up this morning. 2 TV's streaming, my oldest watching videos for school and me on my computer and 2 calls on.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

400/400

We've got 1000/1000. AT&T offers fiber in our area and going to 1000 from 300 removes the data cap, we went with 1000, which is basically no cost difference if you go over the cap on the 300 plan.

Now, none of our wireless devices can get speeds that fast, but the bandwidth is there for the foreseeable future.

I have 300 and get in the low mid 200s for wifi devices down stairs and 150s upstairs.

I had Xfinity's 150Mbs w/ cable then got rid of it to save 70 bucks a month and no cable with Verizon DSL at up to 12mbs, of which I'm probably around 7ish. To be honest, I can stream my roku and watch youtube on my phone thru wifi and have no issues. Downloading PC games thru Steam or GOG.com is the sucky part.
I'm probably going to back to Xfinity and get the 25Mbs no contract internet only plan since its about what I pay now. I don't care about 4k and I only have me in the house so that'd be fine for my needs.

Back