How is the Aldila Rip'd NV shaft on the Callaway Razr Fit?

kozmo

Is that a Titleist?
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 8.6
Hello everyone, got a question for you.

For those of you how use the Callaway Razr Fit, how is the Aldila Rip'd NV 60 shaft? I hit some balls at GS with the Razr Fit 10.5* and really liked the club but the shaft seemed to have a low-kick point and I was wondering if this would result in a higher ball flight? If I'm wrong please correct me. Looked online for Demo Days in my area because I really want to try this club on the range to see how ball flight is, but there's none in my area at this time :( I tend to have a high ball flight with most drivers I've used in the past and I really don't want a shaft that creates a high ball flight. Any suggestions for a replacement shaft would be great too. Please Help.

Thanks THP members for the feedback.

I haven't hit it in the Fit but I've hit it in the R11s and it launches pretty low. The shaft itself has a mid-high kick point and is around 70 grams or so. It's not the absolute lowest launching shaft there is, but I'd definitely put it the lower category. Just my 2 cents.

The big long RAZR FIT thread has the answer (and much more) but yes, it does have a low kick point and high ball flight. I swapped it out for a high kick point shaft but it's really not too bad. Depends on what you are looking for.

Sorry, I didn't realize the one that comes stock in the Fit seems to be different from the aftermarket one. My bad!

Thanks for the feedback guys.... sounds like the stock shaft is not for me... thinking about NV 65

I'm looking to get a new shaft for my fit, and I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what is a reasonable price for a shaft fitting for a driver? I went to a local store today and the price seemed a little steep. I thinkthe customer service may be better at a smaller store than at a GG or a golfsmith, so the higher price may be worth it. Thanks in advance!

I'm looking to get a new shaft for my fit, and I don't mean to hijack the thread, but what is a reasonable price for a shaft fitting for a driver? I went to a local store today and the price seemed a little steep. I thinkthe customer service may be better at a smaller store than at a GG or a golfsmith, so the higher price may be worth it. Thanks in advance!

Tell us what the price is, and that will give people a better idea of what is "reasonable" or not. Also, a lot of smaller places will give you credit on your purchase if you do a fitting with them. One good fitting place around me charges $100 for a driver fitting that includes stats like clubhead speed, ball speed, and spin rate. However, if you buy from them, $40 of the fitting charge is applied to the driver purchase, so it reduces the cost of the fitting.

The place I stopped by charges $50 and its 45-60 min. I may be out of touch with the prices as I have never been fit for a driver (only irons and a ball fitting). Thanks for the quick response ary.

The place I stopped by charges $50 and its 45-60 min. I may be out of touch with the prices as I have never been fit for a driver (only irons and a ball fitting). Thanks for the quick response ary.

No problem, and I think that price is pretty reasonable. You could also ask whether they apply any part of the fitting price towards your purchase. The worst thing that they could say is no, right?

No problem, and I think that price is pretty reasonable. You could also ask whether they apply any part of the fitting price towards your purchase. The worst thing that they could say is no, right?

Good point. I am also looking for some new wedges, so maybe they'd work with me on that. Thanks again

Just talked to GolfTEC for a driver fitting for myself... GolfTECs that are located in GolfSmith charge $99 with none of that $$ going towards a new club, but GolfTECs that are at there own location charge the same but $50 of it going towards a new club if u choose to buy one from them.
Hope this helps.
And I don't mind that u hijacked my thread :)

Back