how jekyll and hyde is your game?

do you regularly find yourself nailing a tee shot then hitting the approach and making par/birdie on one hole...only to punt the next tee shot, recover with a nice mid iron approach then ice that cake with a super 3 putt?

No. I F up far worse than that.

I had a 13 on a hole this year. My next round I shot a 75 on a 72.0/130 at 6600?

I can look competent. I just generally don’t? 🤷‍♂️

250% Jekyll and Hyde. No consistency whatsoever. I can easily swing between birdies and triple bogeys from hole to hole.

Far more than I care to be. But it's short lived. Usually shows up with a shank.. that leads to another. Had a big problem this year with mid round shenanigans.
Aside from those slip-ups I can play scratch golf.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Hyde is the standard with Dr Jekyll showing up throughout the round. A par and birdie are often followed by a blow up hole. And while it might change from round to round on which part is Hyde, at least one part of my game usually drags down the other parts.

I will hit very good shots throughout a round. But the severity of the poor ones can’t be overcome.

Very. Low of 73 this year (3 times) and a high of 92...

has greatly improved in 2021! The very ugly is down to less then 3 holes most rounds but I have some odd days about 1 round a quarter that is just a roller coaster from the opening tee shot. Had one round back in sept where I sucked from the opening hole until about 12 then I played the last 6 around even par.

If I had to guess, feeling rushed or under pressure is the root cause. Rushed to get out and get started before a group of 4 tee's off, pressure to carry the ball a bit longer on wet days, pressure to carry the 7i over lake guarding a par5 green.

yesterday, my round was mostly hyde...then again, who's who? is my hyde the guy that chunks approaches after great drives and 3 putts 15ft putts, and jekyll the guy that plays steady and scores well throughout the round?

I shot 41 on the front of a tough track yesterday, and followed it up with a 47. The two par threes on the back being 236 and 200 hurt.

Yep...happened yesterday. couldn't have played the third hole better than I did. Had a birdie, only to turn around on the next hole & hit my drive in the drink and end up with a dreaded double.

Luckily I strung 4 pars together after that.

Shot 90 in my Saturday money game with no birdies (Hyde)......push cart mafia with Mrs. Reject on Sunday shot 71 with 4 birdies (Jekyll)

Oh yeah. My game can, and often does go haywire just about at any moment.

I was 1 over through 8 the other day and laying just short of a difficult par 4 in 2. Hit an indifferent pitch to 20 feet and 5 putted for 8. I don't recall ever having 5 putted before. If my game goes suddenly goes bonkers, its usually a wild tee shot or approach shot though.

Oh yes, total J & H here...

Consistent for the most part, but a bad shot is lurking around every corner. If someone were to see me on many holes they might say “hey, that guy can play.” Then a hole later, someone may see me in “Hyde mode” and say “that guy needs help.” You never know when the wheels may come off!

Mine always has been, due to a particularly erratic tee game. On the plus side, my recovery from adjacent fairways is usually pretty tight!

Hyde is the standard with Dr Jekyll showing up throughout the round. A par and birdie are often followed by a blow up hole. And while it might change from round to round on which part is Hyde, at least one part of my game usually drags down the other parts.

I will hit very good shots throughout a round. But the severity of the poor ones can’t be overcome.

“The Severity of the Poor Ones can’t be Overcome”. 🤣

I could have wrote the same thing. The vast majority of the shots I hit, will look like a skilled golfer hit them. I swing as hard and get roughly the same distance as the tour guys. The other 49%? 😂. It’s hard to recover from “where da F is my ball??”

This is a good description of my game right now 😂. Tee game can be on point but I can’t hit an easy 130 yard approach shot. Or I’ll smash 5 drives really good then push one right etc. And then there is days the whole day is effortless and it all works 🤣

Back