How long does it take you to finish 18 holes of golf?

golfguy2021

Reaction score
My first time playing 18 holes on a 6,700 golf course, and walking. I started at 3:50pm and finished at 8pm. How long does it take you?

If I am in my league play ( no gimmees, full USGA rules ), usually between 4h 30 to 5h 15 or so for 4 of us. If I am by myself walking and no traffic, I can knock out 18 in under 2 1/2 hours.

All depends, really. Bounce game or comp, number in the party, speed of play, time of day, weather etc all play a part.

I’ve played 18 as a two ball off the yellows at ours, 6200 yards, in just over two hours. I’ve played a three ball comp and it’s taken 5 1/2 hours for 6400 yards. Just depends really.

Always walking.

2.5 hours when playing solo to 5.5 hours when playing behind sloooooow golfers.

By myself with no waiting on groups ahead? Around 2 hours, 20-something minutes if I just play one ball and don't stop to practice any along the way. More often about a half-hour longer because I'll usually stop and hit a few extra pitch and chip shots around several of the greens if I'm playing alone and not in a hurry.

Playing with others or behind other groups, it takes me however long it takes. Some days three hours, some days four. Once I get to about 4-1/2 hours I'll quit rather than finishing the round. That's too long, it's more standing around than playing golf at that point.

230 solo likely. As long as I don't need to wait much. With a 4 group 4 hours or more depending how bad my tee shots are.

It takes me however long it takes the group in front of me. I can't remember the last time I played a round where I wasn't waiting on somebody to clear the 18th green. My last round was played as a twosome and we were behind a bunch of other twosomes. We finished in a hair over three hours. The one before that I was part of a foursome on a jam packed course, and it took five and a half hours. Both of those are outliers. The vast majority of my rounds come in somewhere between four and four and a half hours.

I always count on 4 hours but depending on the track, am ok with it going up to 5 hours. I played a round late in the evening by myself with a cart last week in 2 hours and it was magnificent!

18 holes, walking a 6600 yard course takes me anywheres from 3.5-4.5 hours. Just depends on what's going on with others on the course.

If I'm riding, again it just depends on other golfers. 4.0+/- hours.

Actually in my own golf reality, I really don't care what the pace of play is. It is what is, that day, and there's really nothing I can do about it. I also think if I worried about time spent on the course, it would have a negative effect on my score card.

So many variables to that question, but normally 3:30 to 4:30

Last round as a twosome walking 18 it took 3 hours and we waited on a twosome riding on the last 5-6 holes.

Typically with a foursome it's closer to 4 hours but had a 5 hour round this year in 100 degrees that was brutal.

If the course is crowded, 4:00-5:00. By myself with space ahead of me, about 3:00, but then, I take more shots than many here. . . .

I couldnt tell you the last time I played a round where my group had nobody in front of us. I'm usually only playing on weekends so unfortunately thats what I get. My rounds lately have been about 4 hrs 30 min. Not ideal.

We are first off weekdays, riding. When there are four of us we finish right at 2:45. Often there are only three of us and as a threesome we finish in just under 2:30. This is with 5 holes being cart path only due to the damage done by the big freeze this past winter and new sod being put down in places. Even when it is CPO for all 18 we finish at 3:00 +/- 5 minutes.

Our foursome usually tees off at 7:00 and we usually finish in around 3 hours, 15 minutes or so, unless there is a slow group(s) in front of us.

2.5 hours solo during the week. 3 - 3:15 on weekend in my normal threesome.

Can be just under 2hrs and can be well over 5hrs. Entirely course and crowd dependent. Then there are some events and players that are notoriously glacial.

Usually between 3:30 and 4:30 at my course largely depending on the wind, what the match is (we play medal sometimes with all balls in the hole) and who is in front of us.

Typically between 3-4 hours. Cart or walking varies time. I usually play mornings so I don’t get held up.

some these responses.....I mean.....hey Quickly, lets get go play golf and then hurry up and finish as fast as we can so we can end our golf for the day.
I sometimes just dont get it.

Usually takes between 4 and 5 hours depending on how slow the people in front of us are.

Back