How Long Since Your Personal Best?

Tomorrow...... I say with jest but my game feels better than it has for a long time. My personal best was 10 years ago so it’s about bloody time.

August 10, 2016.

Shot 39/40-79.

9 pars, 4 bogeys, 3 doubles, 2 birdies.

33 putts.

Zero penalties.

Haven't broken 80 since.

Shot a 75 on April 11th. So a little over a month and a half. Shot a 76 on April 29th and haven’t sniffed the 70s since lol

Last night. Shot a 38 again... I’m trying out a new swing and seeing decent results.

I tied my personal best about 3 weeks ago.

336 days.

For the record, I don’t randomly know that. I looked up the date on my GHIN app. Shot 77, only time breaking 80. Went 38-39 with a birdie chip-in on 18.

Since then, I’ve shot, 81, 82, and 83 several times. Last few rounds, I’ve had a real shot at the 70s going into the final few holes. Hopefully it happens again soon!

not quite a full day :LOL:

Its been about 3 years. I shot a -5 on a long course. Last week I was -3 but on a much easier course.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

About an hour now.

Too long...going on about 12 years since I shot -1 71.

Not sure if I’ll ever go that low again.

3.5 months. Seems much longer than that given the way I’m currently playing.

15 years. HA

3.5 months. Seems much longer than that given the way I’m currently playing.
Maybe you can set a new one here in Austin next year ;)

It has been a while. It is amazing what regular and consistent play and practice can do for your game. And how fast it goes away..

May 2001. Tore ligaments in right hand days after playing. Three weeks later tore ligaments in left hand. Put a bag together to return to the game in spring 2020 but not went to a course yet.

Answers to this can get complicated. Just ask @M2Giles . ;)

I mean its complicated, but at the same time it was a PB.
Good for you! Stay out of the rabbit hole you mentally peeked in. I have no idea what my personal best is/was. I've lost all sense of it. Lol

Last edited:
August 1st, 2020

Last year shot a 73 on a par 68 I regularly play

This year, August, broke 90 for the first time on a par 72. Shot an 89

62 now and 22 years ago had a 68 on a par 71 public course (Odana) in Madison, WI that included a 50 yard wedge shot going in for eagle near end- best 9 was 32 on a 36 side, that included a blind 5 wood for a miracle albatross over trees on shortish par 5 (and three birdies mixed in with a bad double). Nowadays got to work to very hard break 85 (as did not play 5 years due to health and have lost a lot of swing speed) but goal is to eventually shoot 77 or lower again, which used to be routine. Gaming new equipment with testing (Titleist S3 - love it) and having a PXG fitting soon for irons.

Got me, shooting career bests that rare combination of skill and luck and at least one very rare shot.

Last edited:
A couple of months. Shot a 79 from the tips and I believe that is my best differential ever.

Back