How low could you shoot playing from the opposite side?

I can’t even Superspeed from the left. Probably 200 lefty playing a round

I wouldn’t give myself much above a zero percent chance to break 100 left handed haha. I feel like I’d be pretty happy under 150

If I were given one month to practice from the left side, I would start bowling or coin collecting. Super Speed training has taught me two things. One: I swing pretty slow and that will probably not change if I want my back to tolerate golf. Two: I can’t swing left handed without risking injury to myself and others.

well, since I don't shoot low from my natural side, why would I even want to try it from my lame side? I cant do anything lefty, and barely could blow my nose.

No way I break a 100. I am horrible and swinging the speed trainer proves it!

I think I'd shoot 150.... on the front 9.

I think I'd hurt myself and not be able to finish. I've hit a left handed club a few times in the past. I think I hit one solid shot. It's just so awkward. I don't know. Maybe after a month it would be serviceable.

With a month worth of practice, I’d suspect my score would be slightly higher than it is now. I played right handed as a kid and after a several year hiatus from the game, last season I bought a set of left handed clubs because it feels more natural.

Being originally a lefty but playing right might fair well for me . In baseball , I switch hit so it’s kind of engrained still in my ways. Would not match my right score but it would not be a disaster

I would probably give up way before all 18 holes. The ball would be going everywhere but straight. But maybe the putting would be ok.

Geez not very good even with a month! Probably couldn’t break 100 especially if it was a course that had forced carries.

Even with a month of practice, I doubt I would be able to break 100 any time haha. I think I could be able to put together a somewhat functional swing/strategy to come close but it would take a bit of work to get into double digits.

If it’s not a putt, I’m completely worthless hitting the ball lefty.

I golf right-handed but shoot left playing hockey so I think the transition might not be too difficult. I think I could probably break 100 within a month.

I can’t break 100 playing my natural way, so there’s no telling what I’d do left handed. My guess is that I’d hurt myself during the one month prep and never make it to the round.

Realistically? Somewhere between 85-95. I know that sounds crazy, but let me explain.

If you think about handedness as a continuum, I'm as close to the middle as possible. Ambidextrous to the extreme. I pitched from both sides in Little League. Wrote on a chalkboard with either hand. Which I used depended on where the chalk was located. Similarly, I worked construction when I was younger and switched hands and sides using tools all the time. Even so, eventually you pick one to build up skill and experience on more complex movements like golf.

Besides that, I cheat a bit on this test. I currently putt right-handed but putted left-handed for over 30 years. I've averaged under 30 putts a round for years from both sides. So, I'm not going to give up anything on the greens. Having a month to swing from the other side is HUGE for me. I'm still going to give up a few strokes on the full swing. But being so ambidextrous my learning curve is going to be much quicker than most.

I know, I'm weird.

Last edited:
I read an interesting study a while back that concluded that there really are no people that are truly left handed. Left handed people are really closer to ambidextrous than they are left handed. They asserted that it is the result of a world that is mostly setup for right handed people since they make up the vast majority of the population.

If you think about shifters in cars, where the mouse is always located on shared computers, and the setup of other shared devices and systems, left handed people are forced to use their right hand much more than right handed people have to use their left.

If any of that is really accurate then the left handed golfers probably have a leg up in this scenario. I’d imagine that is lessened a little by the fact that a golf swing involves much more than the hands, but I bet it still plays a role.

There are days where I couldn’t be any worse playing left handed

I’m left handed, but even after a month, using left handed clubs, I’d be lucky to break a couple of hundred I suspect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pre accident , I’d like to think I could be in the 100 range if I could practice it every day for a month. During prior work with overspeed training it became pretty comfortable to swing a club lefty. Never really tried to hit a ball that way though so swing and contact might be mutually exclusive. I’d be worried about chipping and might even get a LH chipper. I suck at putting anyways so that’s probably a wash.

Back