How many balls do you lose an 18 hole round? This is probably for higher cappers.

I probably lose one or two on average. I have a fade on my driver that sometimes I can’t justify calling a fade and is just an outright slice that rears it’s head a couple times a round. That’s when I lose my ball 90% of the time

I've lost over 6 multiple times. I always carry ~15 new and a pocket full of used/found.

I generally dont lose a ball. Not much water on Arizona courses.

during a bad round, I might lose up to 6...but 2-3 of those will come from bad tee shots that I re-hit because I’m stubborn :cool:...during a good round, maybe 1-2 in the leaves

Average is probably 1 or 2, but if I'm a little wayward off the tee it could be as many as 4. It's typically not water for me, but woods as just about every hole on my home courses are heavily tree lined. The tree lined areas are swamp too, so it's not an area you can just enter to retrieve a ball. Plus there are a ton of water moccasins and copperhead snakes in and around our courses.

I have a hard time estimating that. In the winter I play with two balls in my pocket. I rotate every three holes. I have had them in play since before Christmas. I play three times a week weather permitting.

I'm in the 3-6 group as well. Although there have been times when that number is much higher, that is why I play cheaper end balls. I remember years ago when they opened Redlands Mesa (I believe around 2001) & the first time I played I literally lost a ball a hole. :eek::eek:

3 to 4. It really depends on if I decide to follow up a lost ball with another stupid shot, or just take my medicine. If there's a lot of water or OB it could be way more. But usually I only lose about 3.

Depends really, I had went 54 holes with out losing one. Other times if will be one or two.

Wow...I should have done a poll. It seems from reading the posts that most lose 2-4 balls a round and many more when they go wild from the tee box. Around here where I play the Fall can be bad because the leaves are horrendous. You can hit a nice shot and simply cannot find the ball in the leaves. Also some of the courses have deep grass and can make it difficult.

Thinking about lost balls, during the Fall last year, I hit a pristine drive right in the middle of a well manicured fairway. We rode up on the cart and the ball was sitting perfectly for my next shot to the green. I was so thinking this will be birdie or at least par. It was a short par 4 so I only had a short iron shot to the green. I don't remember the iron, but I think it was a 9 iron or PW. My buddy was right there beside me to watch the ball flight.

I made a swing and sounded like a solid strike. It was not topped and did not go in the ground. I never saw the ball anywhere in my vision, my buddy never saw the ball and we never heard it fall to the ground. The fairway was clear at least 50 yrs both sides all the way to the green. Nothing! No ball anywhere. We looked and looked and never found the ball. I had to drop a ball! Do golf courses have ball stealin' gremlins? :ROFLMAO:

Depending on the course I would say from 1 to 6 usually but there are certain courses in my area that a dozen is a possibility if your having a bad day. Courses with long forced carries and tight fairways with environmental areas you can't retrieve a ball from.

I used to lose 3 or more a round consistently. In the last year, I can go 3 rounds on a sleeve. Basically, clearing the water hazards consistently. Rarely hit into the woods any more. I have to credit my last driver fitting.

0-2, usually; very rarely do I need to go into a second sleeve in a round.

I would set my average at 4. I rarely make it through 18 without losing at least 1. Will lose 7-8 on occasion if things get bad. I feel like I tend to lose more the first time I play a course as well.

I've gone a few rounds with the same ball, then proceed to lose that ball - along with several others - in a round. I don't lose quite as many balls as I used to, but I have my moments.

Between 0 and 6, depending on how I'm swinging, wind, etc .. I start with good balls but if I find I'm losing a few I'll switch to cheaper ones

A practice I have now is on bad water hazards is to get a "not so nice" ball out of my bag and use that in case I wind up in the hazard and lose a ball.

This is generally considered a bad practice because it tells your subconscious that you're expecting to hit the ball in the water.

Just depends on the day for me... I've played the same ball an entire round or lost the ball on my first swing of the day. Yesterday's round I played the same ball for 15 holes. Then proceeded to lose it on the 16th hole and another on the 17th.

My average is probably a little less the 2 balls a round and I am a 10 handicap. Losing balls depends on a lot of factors though not just your handicap.

Impossible for me to say.

I have gone many rounds losing zero, but I have also gone round losing a dozen or more.

If my driver swing is way off, it is going to trend towards that higher number ;)

I leave the course with 1-3 balls fewer of the balls I came with most of the time. Sometimes they're lost in the woods, but sometimes I just donate them to a lake or a pond.

In the times I hit them in the woods, I generally leave with more balls than I came with since I'll likely find a half dozen while looking for mine.

4-6 on a bad day where off the tee box is a disaster.

2-4 on a normal round for me. Half of those are to a water hazard. Half the holes have a water hazard on them.

Generally use one ball per round. Every few rounds will lose 1 or 2, really depends where we're playing. Occasionally go through 4 or 5 but at that point I know the game is way off the rails and start emptying the bottom of the bag. I just hate getting out a brand new ball for whatever reason and losing it on the first hole or even worse, first shot.:eek:

Back