How many birdies do you want to make in 2021?

Up to 6 after getting 2 this past weekend. No league this year has me nowhere close to being on track to meet my goal of 35 but maybe 20 is on the table

Birdie number 3 today (in an otherwise mediocre round)! On a short Par 4 I hit an 8-iron second shot to 3 feet and sunk the putt.

Just 2 rounds since last update 10 days ago but birdies still trickling in and I'm on an 11 round birdie streak. Won't reach my original 2021 goal to average a birdie per round at each course I play but tracking to help set a more realistic bar for next year.
Courses listed in order I first played them in 2021
* Updates
----
Silo Ridge CC MO / 5 rounds / 7 birds / 1 eagle
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds
Island Green MO / 4 rounds / 7 birds
* Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 11 rounds / 14 birds
Rivercut MO / 16 rounds / 17 birds
Hidden Valley MO / 3 rounds / 4 birds
Horton Smith MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Millwood CC MO / 3 rounds / 5 birds
Whispering Oaks CC MO / 2 rounds / 1 bird
Windmill Ridge MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Payne's Valley MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Branson Hills MO / 2 rounds / 2 birds
Peoria Ridge OK / 2 rounds / 3 birds
Warm Springs ID / 1 round / 0 birds
Quail Hollow ID / 1 round / 1 bird
Springfield GCC MO / 1 round / 3 birds
Ledgestone MO / 0.5 round / 1 bird
Fremont Hills CC MO / 1 round / 2 birds
* Hickory Hills CC MO / 1 round / 2 birds
----
57.5 rounds / 72 birds / 1 eagle / at least one birdie in 45 rounds

Got zero on Tuesday and 3 today, 117 birdies for 87 rounds.

I'm about 40 from my initial goal. If I can survive the weekend and get away from work a bunch I think I could get there this coming week.

25 birdies in 26.5 rounds. I’m almost on the right side of that ratio!

Zero on Saturday and one today, 119 for 89 rounds.

6/21 18 holes 0 birdies
6/27 18 holes 2 birides
6/29 9 holes 3 birdies
7/5 9 holes 2 birdies and an eagle

21 rounds 58 birdies

I have at least 3 rounds of golf planned for this week. Hopefully will add 10-12 more.

I wanted 100 on the season. I’m currently at 44 though 28 rounds. Not exactly where I want to be but plenty of time to get some more!

I wanted 100 on the season. I’m currently at 44 though 28 rounds. Not exactly where I want to be but plenty of time to get some more!
You got this! You are coming into the prime season for you. 1 a nine is totally doable for you.

You got this! You are coming into the prime season for you. 1 a nine is totally doable for you.
That’s the plan! Hoping for five or six in Chicago lol

Screenshot_20210707-171556_TheGrint.jpg

Hey look at that. Initial goal accomplished! Crazy what borderline unhealthy amounts of golf will get ya. :LOL:

I wasn’t around here for the first half of the season so let’s go with 25 by the end of the season.

1 today, that makes 120 for 90 rounds.

Got two birds at Sharon Woods today, a woodsy track with a wicked slope to the fairways.
First was on a 150ish downhill par 3. Stuck a 7i within 3 foot.
Second was a par 5. I sliced the hell out of my driver and ended up near the tree line. Played a hero 3 wood over the trees and OB that put me with a 50ish yd approach. I hit a nice wedge and left myself about 6 foot for bird 2.

2/25

Got two birds at Sharon Woods today, a woodsy track with a wicked slope to the fairways.
First was on a 150ish downhill par 3. Stuck a 7i within 3 foot.
Second was a par 5. I sliced the hell out of my driver and ended up near the tree line. Played a hero 3 wood over the trees and OB that put me with a 50ish yd approach. I hit a nice wedge and left myself about 6 foot for bird 2.

2/25
Sounds like you're quite the player; interested to know what your handicap is and the approx total course yardage you play from ☮

Sounds like you're quite the player; interested to know what your handicap is and the approx total course yardage you play from ☮
This is my first season back in almost a decade. Life has thankfully gotten simple enough to finally get back on the course.
This was my 3rd time out so not handicap yet. I shot an 89 so those two birds were the only shining achievements.
I’ve lived at the range since April. I go at least 3 times a week and hit 100. It’s starting to come together, again.

1 today, 121 for 91 rounds.

My game is still in the dumpster, but i've given myself a chance for some birdies at least.
Toward the second half of the season, i'd like to see 1 per 18 holes.
What's that working out to? Maybe 30 if i can sneak in a round/half round on some of the week days?
1 down, 29 to go

1 more today, 122 in 92 rounds.

Got out a lot more than I had been able to recently. 6 rounds in the 10 days since last update, adding 10 more birdies. Won't reach my original 2021 goal to average a birdie per round at each course I play but tracking to help set a more realistic bar for next year.
Courses listed in order I first played them in 2021
* Updates
----
Silo Ridge CC MO / 5 rounds / 7 birds / 1 eagle
Cardinal Creek IL / 1 round / 0 birds
* Island Green MO / 5 rounds / 9 birds
* Bill & Payne Stewart MO / 12 rounds / 15 birds
* Rivercut MO / 19 rounds / 23 birds
Hidden Valley MO / 3 rounds / 4 birds
Horton Smith MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Millwood CC MO / 3 rounds / 5 birds
Whispering Oaks CC MO / 2 rounds / 1 bird
Windmill Ridge MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Payne's Valley MO / 1 round / 1 bird
Branson Hills MO / 2 rounds / 2 birds
Peoria Ridge OK / 2 rounds / 3 birds
Warm Springs ID / 1 round / 0 birds
Quail Hollow ID / 1 round / 1 bird
Springfield GCC MO / 1 round / 3 birds
Ledgestone MO / 0.5 round / 1 bird
Fremont Hills CC MO / 1 round / 2 birds
Hickory Hills CC MO / 1 round / 2 birds
* Highland Springs CC MO / 1 round / 1 bird
----
63.5 rounds / 82 birds / 1 eagle / at least one birdie in 50 rounds

I'm sitting at 29 birdies through 26 rounds so far this year. Playing a lot less this year than last, but hopefully the round and birdie rate both start to pick up through the end of the year.

Currently sitting at 49 birdies through 29 rounds. 51 more to reach the goal I set for myself this year. If I can keep up ANY kind of consistency like I had on Sunday, I will have plenty more start dropping soon

Back