How Many Clubs Is Too Many? Do You Have A "Problem?"

I'll keep a tarp over them if you're scared of a little dust.

Can't guarantee I'll get all the dirt cleaned out of the grooves though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HA! That is one set I still have! My Tommy Armour Silver Scot 845's ... I love those things! Reshafted them twice in their prime.

A guy who plays the mouth harp for us has a set of 845s. I remember when I thought they were the coolest looking clubs out there.

Life is too short - as long as you can afford to do so responsibly - do what makes you happy

I'm nothing compared to a lot of people here! 2 sets of irons (one an inexpensive stencil set my wife bought me, so no way I can get rid of those), 4 drivers, 4 wedges, 3 putters, 2 3 woods. But for the most part, they all get used and rotated in & out. If they sat there collecting dust... then yeah I might have too many.

I have 5 guitars in my spare room and 3 drumkits total in this house, so gear collecting is not a new concept to me :) But they all have different uses in different situations. If I had gear that was redundant then I'd thin the herd and try not to buy any more.
How can I not admire a man with three drumkits in one house? Kudos, to you, sir.

I have 2 iron sets (one is the gamer, one is the previous gamer), and about 10-12 orphan clubs in the basement.

I thought I had a problem; having several drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, wedges and putters but just one set of irons. Those, and I don't count the persimmon driver collection I have in my storage unit. Regardless, compared to the OP, I definitely don't have a problem.

Side note - I did have a problem with guitars but I'm down to one now.

All good!!!

I usually sell my extra clubs on ebay but I usually have an extra putter or wedge on hand in case I put one on probation

I don't and won't have a problem until my wife says I do! I think I hear her calling!

When your wife, that's fairly new to the game, notices the difference between MP-60s and MP-67s from the next hitting bay it's a clue that she's wise to the club ho'ing.
That being said, if I suddenly disappear from THP you know she found the putter collection and no matter what the coroner says it wasn't accidental. :bulgy-eyes:

When your wife, that's fairly new to the game, notices the difference between MP-60s and MP-67s from the next hitting bay it's a clue that she's wise to the club ho'ing.
That being said, if I suddenly disappear from THP you know she found the putter collection and no matter what the coroner says it wasn't accidental. :bulgy-eyes:

Haha the putter collection! Mine is kept in a garbage bag! Inconspicuous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back