How many different types of pets have had?

Hamster
Dog
Fish
Frog
Snake
Cat

Oh wow…
Cats
Dogs
Birds
Hamsters
Snakes (several kinds)
Fish
Eels
Turtles
Crabs
Lizards (several kinds)
Tarantulas
Scorpions
Sea Monkeys
And 4 kids. They have qualified as small animals at various points in their lives.

Grew up on a farm, so not tons, but most of our "pets" also became "dinner" at some point in time.

Dogs and cats (no we didn't eat these).
Cows - gentle but scary as hell, especially when they lift you up off the ground
Chickens - 200 pets, having to take care of them, until they got their feathers then wanted nothing to do with them
Ducks - ducks were just fun all the time, following us around, quacking all the time
Geese - complete a**holes. Worst animal on the planet. Getting chased and hissed at by a bird that just doesn't care... jerks lol.

Kids have definitely made the list longer. Calling some of them "pets" is probably a stretch too.

Dog
Cat
Bearded dragon
Fish
Guinea pig
Hamster
Rat
Turtle
Chicken
Goose
Duck
Cow
Goat
Horse
Sheep
Rabbit

I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

“Pets” is a subjective term. In my view, pets have to be responsive and capable of returning affection. Therefore, snakes, lizards, turtles, fish, and frogs cannot be “pets”…anymore that house plants can be “pets”. Dogs and cats fit the definition, maybe birds (probably not) and small rodents. A beekeeper’s hives are not homes to his pets, nor does a chicken coop house pets either.

I’ve had dogs and cats and one cute little bunny rabbit when I was a kid, so I guess I’ve had three kinds of pets. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I grew up with dogs, cats, fish and chickens.

We currently have a dog (idiot, but my idiot) and a hermit crab named Crabcakes.

Dogs and cats. Still have 3 dogs.

I have a fox, a racoon, and a stray cat over at the equipment yard. They hang out every day around my maintenance bay don't seem to bother each other. My wife wonders why we go through so much dog food, not knowing that I fill a couple sandwich baggies every morning for work. I'm out of the house every morning long before she wakes up. ;)

I grew up with dogs, cats, fish and chickens.

We currently have a dog (idiot, but my idiot) and a hermit crab named Crabcakes.
Saltwater fish?

Cats, dogs, chinchillas, a parrot, fish, this is the list I have now. I am ready to get another rabbit, in fact, I have never regretted that I have so many pets, if you have them too, and you are worried about their health, contact Pet medication without prescription. Animals are a big responsibility, so use my advice.

Last edited:
Back