how many golfers are "sneaking" onto open (no fences) courses while they are closed?

I wouldn't do it, and I'd report anyone who is (especially at a course I've paid my membership dues at). The courses are trying to lobby to get opened, and this isn't going to help the "people will follow responsible procedures" argument.

Here, my local municipal course is closed for golf but open to the public to walk or walk dogs.

Closed for golf but the parking lot is full. People looking to get out and go for a walk.
That's interesting. From a public safety viewpoint I wonder how they justify the difference between a full parking lot of people randomly wandering a golf course and people walking the golf course with their bags and the defined separation required when playing golf?

Our course is closed and only minimal maintenance is being performed. But many of us are walking our dogs on the course and I am carefully examining the greens and the fairway in a way I don't when I'm playing and sort of planning out shots and spots on the green for the coming year. Hope it opens by May!
Saw someone "sneaking" today, but good news is if the 15-31" of snow forecast for this week doesn't arrive, we are supposed to open up with restrictions next weekend!

That's interesting. From a public safety viewpoint I wonder how they justify the difference between a full parking lot of people randomly wandering a golf course and people walking the golf course with their bags and the defined separation required when playing golf?

Let me preface this by stating that I have chosen not to play golf at this time. But I think others should be allowed to provided that they can adhere to social distancing. New York’s closing of all golf courses doesn’t make sense. It’s not a safety issue. The state has determined that golf courses are not essential businesses that could stay open. But the municipally owned course can allow people to walk dogs. Apparently, dog walkers can adhere to social distancing but golfers can’t.

Apparently a lot if shitheads are trespassing on my course. I go to the open ones

Played nine at a local muni today. It is an easy walking course and it was very empty today because of the wind/cold. I was on the 8th and watched a guy pull up and grab his bag out of his truck and slide onto the 5th hole and tee’d off. He saved 11 bucks.....I couldn’t do that. It didn’t look like his first rodeo either.

Same thing here in MD - stores and parks are so packed that they are closing down roads going through them to make room for more people yet I cannot social distance on the golf course. Oh well - looking forward to get back to my routine. On the upside, a year of chores will be done by the end of this :)

Illinois courses are closed... But some private courses are turning an eye. This is a pretty sweet article on how one club and sheriff are handling it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Illinois courses are closed... But some private courses are turning an eye. This is a pretty sweet article on how one club and sheriff are handling it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
In a follow-up article to that one, it looks like Illinois State Police thought otherwise, unfortunately:

Yea, unless you get permission this is trespassing. Plain and simple. No for me.

Back