How many layers of wraps do you use?

Bryndom

2023 Grandaddy X!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 15
This falls under the “*shrug*, my game isn’t that good for it to matter category” for me...

Do you use multiple wraps of tape under your grips? Why?

I have used +2 wraps a lot. Why? Cause a club came with it and it felt good in the hand.

Right now Driver,Irons, and wedges all are 1 wrap and fairways are +2 wraps. However wedges are .58 core instead of .60 like driver, fairways, and irons.

Have not messed around with wraps on putters since so many shapes already exist.

This falls under the “*shrug*, my game isn’t that good for it to matter category” for me...

Do you use multiple wraps of tape under your grips? Why?

I formerly used multiple layers of tape but switched to mid size grips. The grip industry has come along way , including designs with less taper, so I think the need for layering extra wraps is not what it once was.

Depends on grip core size and shaft butt size. If both are .600, I do 2 extra wraps.

Jumbo Lamkins :lamkin: and 4 wraps of two sided tape:drinks:

very excited to try the new Lamkin +2's. I like a little thicker grip. But, not +4's, they are too thick.

Midsizr grips + 2 wraps of double sided tape. their was just a WITB regarding Bubba Watson.
They showed all his various club specs. Clubs had between 10-14 wraps of tape. Their was more
wraps under the right hand than their was under the left hand.

Just 1 now with the midsize +4 grips.

I did when I was in regular diameter grips. Now I use mostly light weight mid-size and jumbo grips so don't need any tape.

I did when I was in regular diameter grips. Now I use mostly light weight mid-size and jumbo grips so don't need any tape.

The advent of relatively lightweight mid size and over size grips is one of the most helpful ever golf industry product offerings.

I was fitted for 4 wraps.

I'm in the +2 camp but I've gotten really used to no wraps from reviewing clubs.

I was using the GP MCC +4 grips, but didn't really feel any difference. Next set back to no wraps.

Standard grip with one layer on all clubs, prefer that to buying the mid-size grip. I'm only 5' 10", but my hands are large enough to palm a basketball, at least they used to be, everything seems to be shrinking, except my feet...wtf?

Just one and I use TV+4's.

Plain old Zero additional wraps.
1 layer of tape, grip, good to go.

I've been doing 2 full wraps then 2 additional wraps on my lower hand for the last 8 years , I think its just a mental thing now to be honest.

I’ve been all across the spectrum with this from standard to jumbo, +4 grips, midsize and this wrap and that grip, built up bottom hand and different grip models etc..... After going to a golf clinic several times the instructor tested to see how tight/tense I was holding the club while maintaining flexibility in my wrist. After that I decided to go with midsize GP MCC with 3 Additional wraps of buildup tape. This allows for the build up on the bottom trail hand but also allowed for the butt to seat better in the base of my lead hand. This also reduced the tension in my fingers.

Tour Velvet + 4’s, with one extra wrap.

Just one for me. Small hands.

2 full wraps and 2 more on my lower hand. So, +1 left +3 right. Just feels better for me.

I use midsize with +2 on the lower half. Tried MCC +4 but it just felt too thick on the lower hand and just midsize didn’t feel right so I split it down the middle and went with +2.

I used to use several wraps before they started marketing midsize grips; those work perfectly for me with a single layer of tape. I just bought a jumbo PURE grip for my 2nd driver and it feels REALLY good.

Back