How many rounds in a row can you chip in?

I'm currently at 3 rounds in a row. 2 of them were from within 10 yards of the fringe but 1 was probably 30 yards with a green that was sloping left to right. I had to land on the left side of the fringe and try and guess the amount of break. I'm gonna call it 80% luck. The ball landed pretty much where I wanted it to and rolled in. :D
Out of 52 live rounds, I've chipped in 6 or 7 times. Which isn't too bad for me.

I've had 2 in one round and some occasionally but never in successive rounds.

I've done it once this year. I came close a second time on the 17th hole where the ball was just on the lip and I had hopes that my playing partner would pick up the ball and toss it to me before 10 seconds had elapsed so it would count as a chip in birdie, but he didn't do that... the bastard.

Going back years ago (30 or so, urgh) and my first ever birdie was from a chip in. My second birdie on the next hole was also a chip in. I also chipped in on the next to save par and chipped in on the next to get a double or something. First 4 holes of the round, and I chipped in from off the green on all of them. Don’t do it so often these days.

Wow. I know I've done it a few rounds in a row before, and a bunch of times in real short stretches. I had 3 in one round not long ago with 2 on back to back holes, but I don't know that I've ever seen 4 straight rounds. That's pretty crazy.

Going back years ago (30 or so, urgh) and my first ever birdie was from a chip in. My second birdie on the next hole was also a chip in. I also chipped in on the next to save par and chipped in on the next to get a double or something. First 4 holes of the round, and I chipped in from off the green on all of them. Don’t do it so often these days.
Awesome 😃

I was so close again for two in a row!! I’ve taken to chipping with my 52° and been seeing great results!

Today I again opted for the 52° and hit the pin. If I’d pulled the flag I’m sure it would have dropped!

Still on my streak of one.

There’s a lot of great golfers (much better than me) here on THP and I’m surprised more people haven’t experienced chipping in a lot - I think it’s to do with course style. Most of THP is US users with thick rough around potentially elevated greens and people are probably chipping with wedges. In the UK there’s very little rough around the greens, they’re often not elevated and I chip with an 8 iron to get the ball running at the hole every time. Even average chippers see them drop every now and then on UK courses... I can’t imagine regularly holing out from off the green on US style greens it’s much more difficult a proposition.

Biggest chip-in streak: 3 rounds in a row
Most chip-ins during a single round: 3

I’ve been playing golf for more than a decade and I have only chipped in a handful of times. Once was a few rounds ago, so I don’t expect the next one for a couple of years.

The streak ended at 3. I wasn't even that close on any of my chips, yesterday.

Back