How many years did it take to reach your personal best score?

jpgolf

“JP”
Reaction score
Handicap
From when you started playing golf (on a regular basis)... how long did it take to reach the “personal best” score that you are at presently...?

Seventeen years. I started playing in 1995... and my PB score of 77 was achieved in 2012. I’ve been in the 70’s other times - but, I’ve never equalled or broken that 77. Yet.

14 years. I started playing on courses when I was 10 an in 2017 at the age of 24 I shot my pb 63. The closest I have come since then was a 69

I shot my PB of 74 in 2021 (and have repeated it in 2022 and 2023), so it took me around 35 years. Call me a late bloomer. :LOL:

30 years. Started playing golf right out of college at 22. Shot an 80 this year. My previous best for years had been 82. :(

3. Shot my PB of 83 in a tourney last year.

Around 20 years. Hopefully I can update this soon to 30+ years and so on.

5 years.

40 years.

I want to say it was like 7 or 8 years in when I got my current PB, and it's been like 4 or 5 years since.

3 years. If you told me I would shoot an 87 when I shot it and not beat it for 2 years since I would have asked you what happened to me. I thought I was on my way to shooting in the low 80s regularly.

Fast forward I just quit practicing. 2024 is the year to change that.

30 years

I started playing in 1972 and shot my personal best sometime around 2000.

At a guess approximately 35 years did have quite some years with playing at all

82 and have had a number of 80s scores.
Last 18 months got pb .

This probably means you notched several PBs along the way and just continued to get better. Maybe not in a straight line (golf is seldom like that) but the long-term trend line was to better and better golf. Bravo!

I stared playing regularly when I was about 13. I’d been playing 9 holes and going to the driving range once in a while with my dad for 3 years or so before that. I was 18 the first time I shot my personal best 68, which was during a tournament. That was 50 years ago

16 years. It was this year with a 3.8 differential or 4 over par 75 this year.

11 or 12 years. My PB was when I was about 24 years old. I came within a stroke or two of it several times but my hyper focus on golf changed after that age. Marriage came soon after and the days of playing 20+ rounds a month and practicing 3+ hours a day were no longer something I desired even if I would have had the time.

Last edited:
I got mine this year, so roughly 50?

debbie downer GIF

About 25 years.

Shot -4 in 2018, which shattered my previous PB at the time of +1. Went on that year to break par a few more times.

Dry spell followed. I just went below par (-1) last month for the first time since '18.

47 years. But it was a wicked good score… Bishop from Caddyshack stuff. Can’t see it happening again.

22 years
Started in 2000
PB in 2022

47 years. But it was a wicked good score… Bishop from Caddyshack stuff. Can’t see it happening again.
The first time I broke 80 I said "Even if I never do it again, I can at least say I broke 80". It was a major accomplishment to me.

Back