How much of the Putter Science do you use?

I’ve really not read up on the various schools. For myself, if it looks good to my eye and feels good, I can go with it. Currently it’s mallet style but I can move to my Anser 2 when I want

Stroke Lab.

Effectively it’s a flat stick on shorter length of shaft ( insert here material ) that we strike with less force than any other shot on course . Some of the best putters ever , never had or used the technology and material available today … yet they are still lauded as the best

… l think it maybe degrees of advantage if we were putting on pristine flat surface that was uniform in speed regardless of condition or venue , with todays weapons .

Pragmatically we don’t , and therefore the variables are greater ,, yet many try buy a putter / putting stroke … many credit Tiger as possible Best ever … how many putters has he used in majors .. it’s the same one ?

I think some of the science on putter faces is legit. O-works microhinge insert showed on camera to get the ball rolling fast. SIK DST on their milled and Cobra's insert, shows to give the consistent initial launch that it claims.
That was one I was going to mention. When I started playing again that o-works microhinge absolutely worked. And changed how I looked at some of this. The Sik faces absolutely have their intended effect. The alignment stuff too. They're moving weight around more aggressively now with observable effect. The science is everywhere, it's just figuring out which parts benefit each person in the best way. The science of the fit.

Funny you mention both techs because I bounce between a Sik DW with DLT and a L.A.B./Directed Force Reno 2.1.

I absolutely buy into the DLT tech as it eliminated consequence of a particular flaw of mine (under pressure, I tend to forward press too much. With a traditional putter, this will semi-often lead to contact way too high on the face, wonky contact and short putts). With the Sik, in probably 50+ rounds, the too much forward press sure has occurred but the wonky contact/feeling/result never has.

Not so sure that I buy into the L.A.B. tech but it sure is what intrigued me to purchase. Played my best golf, putting my best ever with a Directed Force putter. Admittedly, the appearance affects me at times so I'll gravitate away from it. But the second the Sik wobbles, I return to the DF because I simply putt very well with it.

For this reason, I am considering grabbing a Mezz.1 Max. But after buying my DF Reno 2.1 (third one I've owned), Sik DW and a Scotty Squareback 1.5... I've spent quite a bit on putters over the past couple years.

Give me 15 minutes on a decent putting green. Putting is feel to me.

Science won’t fix your putting stroke, but depending on your miss or flaw with putting, certain tech could absolutely have you make more putts. All comes down to how many more putts makes that putter worth it to you.

Yes and no. For example, high speed video shows you can get similar roll whether you hit up or down on the ball with SIK's DLT technology. SeeMore allows one to have a repeatable set-up. Agree the goal is to get a repeatable stroke, but there is tech out there that can absolutely help folks get there, imho.
Sure teck can help, but if you can't deliver the stroke consistently towards the center of the putter every time you still won't be a consistent putter as someone who can do that. Tech is great but not the end all be all. Just my thoughts.

Back