How Much Time Do You Spend On The Putting Green Before A Round Of Golf

Usually no more than about 10-15 minutes

Usually, only 10-15 minutes to try to get the speed.

0-10 minutes before a round. It depends on the course. My home course I know how the greens run and don't really need to adjust for speed. Others I just want to know faster or slower then I normally play so I can adjust.

I'll do 20 minutes on the range and then spend the rest of the time chipping and putting before tee off (usually another 20 minutes).

If I can, I like to spend 15 minutes but really depends if get pushed for time or get out earlier due to no show.

Generally, around 20 minutes. And, I have a specific routine that I use; start with long lag putts (40 feet), then mid lag (20 feet), finally 10 and 5 footers, then finish rolling 20 6" putts, and all putts are to a tee or over a coin. I don't generally practice to a cup prior to a round, because in my mind rolling to a coin is more difficult, and I feel like if I'm missing the cup on the practice green, it translates to the actual green.

As an example, I switched up my routine on Friday, and three-putted six times, just on the front nine. I generally average 1.8 putts per hole per round. Needless to say, the change made a big difference in a bad way.

If it is an important round, 20 minutes. If it is just a quick round, sometimes no practice at all.

Before a round, it is my least important warmup; just try to get the speed for that day. I should follow others advice and practice more seriously instead of playing. Got my putter bent a bit to give me more loft and I've been practicing at home to try and get a better, more consistent stroke before the season starts.

There's a course in Hartford CT called Rockledge. It's a decent public track BUT there are no holes cut into the practice green; only plug flags to hit to.

The first putt I hit all day goes on my score card. I don't play there anymore but an e-mail to the course super asking why only got me put onto their spam list.

I absolutely get comfortable pitching, chipping and rollin' the short ones before hitting the first tee. Sometimes that's 5 minutes, sometimes 15.

Long enough to get the speed of the greens,hoping they reflect the course greens.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back