How to play this shot?

This is not the greatest picture, but I was down under the tree on the far left. You cant see the hill, but your pretty much looking straight up. Ill find a couple of more pictures.

It depends upon whether your lie is uphill as well. As I look at this hole, I do not a lot of trouble over the green, so my shot selection and play would be "if I miss I miss long." If the lie is uphill, you may want to try the hybrid that was suggested. I find a lot more forgiveness with a hybrid from a less than ideal lie. However, if due to AofA reasons you need an iron, try a more lofted club with the ball well back in your stance.

The key for me on these non conventional shots is to make several practice swings with what I believe to be the correct length of backswing and once I have that tuned in, be sure and execute it with good tempo. The vast majority of time I get in trouble when I am hitting an unconventional shot, my mistake is to subconsciously alter tempo. For example, on the shot you describe, I would tend to back off a five iron because my mind tells me how much a five iron runs on a conventional shot.

Did you ask for a mulligan? If you buy a round on the previous hole, you might be real good shape. :D

Did you ask for a mulligan? If you buy a round on the previous hole, you might be real good shape. :D
That might be the way to go. :act-up:
This hole has killed so many of my rounds. The problem is there is not really a good spot to lay up. You almost have to play it for a bogey.

Back