How To Put Line On Odyssey 2 Ball Fang Putter

spaceace414

Reaction score
Handicap
I bought the Odyssey 2 Ball Fang Putter last year and absolutely love it. The feel of the ball coming off the face is remarkable and the 2 ball setup has really helped me line up putts better (especially from 6 feet in).

I would love to make this putter even better by putting a black line right down the center of the 2 ball markings. Has anyone else done this and how did you do it? I am thinking about some black electrical tape possibly? I just worry about cutting the tape exactly right.

I certainly do not want to put any permanent markings on the putter.

Any thoughts on this?

I did this for a buddies putter. I first marked it out with a pencil to make sure it was straight (took a few tries to get to his liking). Then I got painters tape and set up a little strip surrounding the pencil mark. Put a small stroke of oil based paint (about 1/8" over the 2 balls) and it looked great. Should've gotten a picture. It's lasted for 3 years now with no issues.

And fwiw, they do sell them with the line on it now.

I don't think this will help you at this stage of the game, but Odyssey does see that putter with a line already on it.

putters-2015-works-2-ball-fang-lined____1.png

Yeah, that released that putter one year too late! I figure it cannot be hard to do to put a line on it. Just want the easiest and most efficient way.

I bought the Odyssey 2 Ball Fang Putter last year and absolutely love it. The feel of the ball coming off the face is remarkable and the 2 ball setup has really helped me line up putts better (especially from 6 feet in).

I would love to make this putter even better by putting a black line right down the center of the 2 ball markings. Has anyone else done this and how did you do it? I am thinking about some black electrical tape possibly? I just worry about cutting the tape exactly right.

I certainly do not want to put any permanent markings on the putter.

Any thoughts on this?

I did the electrical tape on mine and it turned out perfectly. Cut a straight section with a razor knife on a hard surface using a straight edge and then apply to putter and trim to fit.

I did this for a buddies putter. I first marked it out with a pencil to make sure it was straight (took a few tries to get to his liking). Then I got painters tape and set up a little strip surrounding the pencil mark. Put a small stroke of oil based paint (about 1/8" over the 2 balls) and it looked great. Should've gotten a picture. It's lasted for 3 years now with no issues.

And fwiw, they do sell them with the line on it now.

Thanks, I did not know this.

I had a 2Ball that I lined. I measured with calipers to get the middle of the "balls" then used a sharpie and metal straight edge. Worked great and was easily removed with denatured alcohol when I traded it.

Just buy a roll of pin striping tape at AutoZone and use that. That's what I did and it's the perfect size. Sticks great and if you want to take it off it peels right off without damage.

Just buy a roll of pin striping tape at AutoZone and use that. That's what I did and it's the perfect size. Sticks great and if you want to take it off it peels right off without damage.
I like this idea...perfect! Thanks!

Back