How was your golf game when you were 13 years old?

I didn't play when I was 13, wish I did.

At 13 I would just get out and play occasionally every few months with my dad or granddad so it wasn't that good. I could hit some good shots on occasion from being a baseball player but not consistently. I didn't really start playing much until about 16. When I got to college was when I really started playing a fair amount of golf. My dad's cousins were part owners in a course so I could play for free. That was the start of my addiction.:ROFLMAO:

No golf game at 13. No golf game until 35. It was pure baseball until then. Good luck to him!

Did not take up the game until I was 17. Great shooting by that young man impressive

My dad and I along with another father/son combo would go to a small course in rural Texas. They had sand greens to begin with and eventually grass. What a big deal it was to have a course with true greens.

Non-existent for me. I tried when I was 14 years old and thought it was the dumbest sport ever and couldn’t comprehend why someone would subject themselves to such frustration and misery.

I remember being 9 or 10 and taking a few golf lessons. The lesson was mostly hitting the ball off a tee and probably a huge waste of time for me. I remember playing a round after one lesson and teeing off on the 1st hole. I walk up to my ball and was really confused because I did not know how I was supposed to hit the ball again without a tee. So I made sure no one was looking, put the ball on a tee, and swung away.

That's incredible!

I sucked. Broke 100 if I was lucky and had a nice day. I had very little distance then, I think I hit a driver maybe 180 on a good strike? And my swing was very inconsistent then. It wasn't until high school that I started to develop any actual form in my swing.

At 13, I was worried about my friends watching me whiff a tee shot.

Back