How would you handle this?

"...I despise playing on Saturday because it is a public course and people are rude and terribly slow..."

First off, thanks for insulting just about 90% of people who aren't well enough off to play at a private facility.

But- probably best to go back to the clubhouse and report them to avoid having to deal with the riff raff at a public course.

How you would handle it and how I (or anyone else) would handle it will always be different. Everyone has their own BS meter. Mine, unfortunately, tends to peg out pretty early. It's especially unfortunate because I've spent over 40 years studying and practicing fighting techniques. So, the fact that he had a few buddies would not sway my reaction at all. I would surely have called him out on the outcome of his thoughtless and careless actions. Where it went from there would be up to him.

In the end, though, not having to fight is always the best ending. I think you handled it right.

First off, thanks for insulting just about 90% of people who aren't well enough off to play at a private facility.
I almost always play public courses, and I'm not insulted by this at all ... because he's right. Weekends are the time when public courses see the greatest percentage of inconsiderate players. This is not an insult, it's just a fact. We all have to deal with it.

I think the fact that fighting/violence is mentioned in a fair few posts is quite sad that this is what things have become to be honest

I think the fact that fighting/violence is mentioned in a fair few posts is quite sad that this is what things have become to be honest

It's the internet, if we can't puff up and inflate our egos here, where can we?! Let me puff in peace!

Well handled. If that shrapnel had cut your leg, then other words would be appropriate and some ending in "-cker," depending upon his response.

"...I despise playing on Saturday because it is a public course and people are rude and terribly slow..."

Clearly wasn't an insult or an intended one, I'm a hack too and was out there on a Saturday and a member at this particular public course. I'm clearly not private course material either.

How you would handle it and how I (or anyone else) would handle it will always be different. Everyone has their own BS meter. Mine, unfortunately, tends to peg out pretty early. It's especially unfortunate because I've spent over 40 years studying and practicing fighting techniques. So, the fact that he had a few buddies would not sway my reaction at all. I would surely have called him out on the outcome of his thoughtless and careless actions. Where it went from there would be up to him.

In the end, though, not having to fight is always the best ending. I think you handled it right.

You win every fight you’re not in.

Case in point. I live in a nice neighborhood (for now). I had a violent home invasion on Saturday. I got concussed and couldn’t find my phone for hours after.

Point. No golfing the rest of this year. There is stuff that doesn’t look pretty nor does it feel pretty ( @Hamfist -no, no photos and NO you can’t poke it).

Ive attained high level training in Muay Thai and BJJ.

I don’t have a belt class as I don’t care. I’m faster and stronger than everyone I train with. They’re usually more skilled. They have degrees under their title. Ehh. Some are serious, some are not. I don’t lose. I don’t lose. Outside of a 7th degree Judo guy flopping me all over in a GI (but not being able to finish). I’m good. He lost without a GI.

End of subject, lol.

You win every fight you’re not in.

Case in point. I live in a nice neighborhood (for now). I had a violent home invasion on Saturday. I got concussed and couldn’t find my phone for hours after.
Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hope you're OK.

And yes, winning without having to fight is the ultimate victory.

"That was probably your best swing all day" in a very smart ass tone.

I would have said something similar to this. But it wouldn't have been this nice :oops:

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Hope you're OK.

And yes, winning without having to fight is the ultimate victory.

I’m fine thanks.

Back