How's your golf season been?

Started off so so. Not terrible but not good. Then I got a case of I can’t hit my irons to save my life. Made a swing change and started doing better. And the since June have been playing the best golf of my life. Only shot in the 70s once in the mid 1990s. And have shot in the 70s 12 times since June. Dropped my cap from 10.5 to 7.3. Overall pretty happy where my game is right now. Looking forward to trying to get my cap closer to 5 next year.

Start of the year was not great but I had personal issues to deal with and my head just wasn't right

Things then started to pick up and I broke 80 a few times, once in a league match and a few times with the roll-ups, and even managed a 75 (+3)
Tweaks with lessons took a little bit of adjusting to but the scores stayed fairly consistent

Recent form has been a bit more variable due to some major short game changes but that is settling down again now

Already got an idea of what I want to achieve next year so will continue working through the winter as much as I can ready for the new season

Pretty good season for me so far.

Started off around the 24 mark, but after some analysis from last year, I took all woods out of my bag, and joined a local Par 3 course membership, as off the tee and short game were the two areas that I was struggling with and costing me needless shots.

Stuck to my 3h that I am actually comfortable hitting off the tee, and then also put an easy launching 4i in as alternate tee club.

Used the par 3 course to work out the best short game strategy for me, and to tighten up my putting.

Just those things meant that the last 3 times I've gone out, I've shot to an 18 handicap or better. Getting to a genuine 18 isn't much for most of you, but it's massive to me. I'm getting a load more pars, and/or chances at birdie, and shockers are more like double bogey (ie blob a Stableford hole) rather than treble or worse.

it's been an interesting year for me. usually i have to pretty much shut all golf activities down from january through mid-april because of my job, but getting into the morgan cup forced me (yeah, twist my arm!) to practice and play a little more than i usually do.

i have played more golf ytd this year than last year, in large part because of the mc and the orlando gathering. but i would still say i'm not playing near as often as i'd like.

my game is ok. short game is fractionally better, my tee game went to sh1t but hopefully it's back on track. irons have been decent. my handicap is 0.1 tick higher than where it started this year, so maintaining ok. i just want to play more.

I played less this year than I have in 20 years - go figure after retiring in May. We had so much going on with selling our California properties and moving into our new homes in Minnesota that with that and other fun stuff like lots of boating, golf took a backseat. The good news is I’ve been playing 2-3 days a week recently and my index is now headed back down. Most of the house stuff is done and next year should be amazing. I’m planning on getting back to some competitive golf by playing in the senior scratch league at our club which rotates every Thursday to 13 different private clubs in the area starting next May.

Early: May-Jun: Started out rough, but became more enjoyable when I ditched the cart halfway through & picked up a :clicgear: off craigslist for $100
Mid: Jul-Aug: Had some great rounds, had some bad rounds, contact with irons was improving, chipping yips was getting worse
Late: Sep-Oct: Putting really has improved edging a 1.8 average. Contact better, chipping better (less blading). Driver staying put in the bag

'Bout the same as every other year, to be honest. Played a bunch, hit some really nice shots, hit a bunch of mediocre ones, and some truly God-awful disgraces. Had a lot of laughs, some screamed obscenities, one good buzzed round, some new courses, met new people, had fun. Same M.O. that I've had for 15 years now.

Back