jubess

Reaction score
Handicap
Seems like Hunter Mahan has disappeared into golfing obscurity. Do you guys think Hunter will make a comeback in 2017? I enjoyed watching his swing back when he was winning but he is never on TV coverage anymore. I wonder how much PGA tour exemption he has left....

Hasn't been the same since he left the Canadian Open as the leader for the birth of his daughter.

I read an article about him not too long ago. He basically went into full on dad mode after having 3 kids in a 4 year span. He said he just doesn't have the time, nor the drive right now. He loves being a dad and will get back to golf when he's ready to commit the time and energy.

I read an article about him not too long ago. He basically went into full on dad mode after having 3 kids in a 4 year span. He said he just doesn't have the time, nor the drive right now. He loves being a dad and will get back to golf when he's ready to commit the time and energy.
I guess that's what happens to most of these guys who win a couple of big tourneys and make a lot of money. We tend to get spoiled with the Tiger's, Phils and VJ's of the world who are totally focused on winning and the money doesn't sap their desire.

I still see him on the leaderboard, just not on the weekends much. Hope he finds his game again but I give him credit for putting family first.

Last edited:
He still seems to be the ACE hardware spokesman, see the ads all the time. I hope he dedicates himself back to golf soon, I really like him.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Speaking from experience, parents can either be examples or cautionary tales. Unfortunately for Mahan, his father falls into the later category. He has always said he will not make the same mistakes his father made.

Kudos to him for choosing his family.

We probably read the same thing. Props to him for choosing to dedicate his time to the family. Hopefully he can get back to golf when the time is right

Sounds like he's got his priorities in order, I like hearing those stories, and will be even better if/when he make a comeback and wins again.

Maybe they need a GolfBoys reunion to jumpstart his comeback.

Sounds like he's got his priorities in order, I like hearing those stories, and will be even better if/when he make a comeback and wins again.

Maybe they need a GolfBoys reunion to jumpstart his comeback.

I think we all need a GolfBoys reunion, although I could see Jimmy Walker taking Hunters place if he didn't want to do it.

Back