Hybrid/Utility Shafts - What’s your flavor?

I have the Tensei CK Pro White 90 stiff in my 3H and 4H now. I getting old and don't have the CHS I feeI need to do those shafts justice. I don't have any room for error with the 3H. I need to be spot on with my swing to get as much as I can with the club and even then it is a low launch. When I do hit it well, its about a 220 yard club but the carry is a good bit less. It is usually a punch out club. The 4H isn't as hard to hit. I feel like I need something with more launch and spin. I'd like a little lighter weight, as well.

Is there a reason I couldn't put a .370 tip iron shaft in the hybos? I've run across the Recoil 780 with smacwrap. I like all the vibration damping I can get. Or should I stick with a shaft specifically for hybrids? Thanks.

I have the Tensei CK Pro White 90 stiff in my 3H and 4H now. I getting old and don't have the CHS I feeI need to do those shafts justice. I don't have any room for error with the 3H. I need to be spot on with my swing to get as much as I can with the club and even then it is a low launch. When I do hit it well, its about a 220 yard club but the carry is a good bit less. It is usually a punch out club. The 4H isn't as hard to hit. I feel like I need something with more launch and spin. I'd like a little lighter weight, as well.

Is there a reason I couldn't put a .370 tip iron shaft in the hybos? I've run across the Recoil 780 with smacwrap. I like all the vibration damping I can get. Or should I stick with a shaft specifically for hybrids? Thanks.

I don't see why not as long as it has the .370 tip. I used a 4 iron shaft in a recent 3-Hybrid build without doing any cutting of the shaft, and it worked great.

I'd maybe keep an eye out for one of the stock shafts for the Cobra hybrids (assuming these are what you are referring to). Looks like they use the Recoil 480 ESX shaft, which at 75 grams in stiff should be a bit easier to manage.

Anyone play a steel shaft of similar weight to their irons? I just picked up a 17 degree Super Hybrid and am wondering if I would be crazy to put a Project X steel shaft in it for control (even if giving up some distance).

The UST Mamiya ProForce V2 Black is working for me in my 3 and 4 hybrids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviewing this one currently for the THP
Homepage…

3934C5A9-B03B-4A56-A75A-0914E3B13879.jpeg

How do you think it will compare to a Tour AD DI in a utility iron? I have been thinking about putting one into Callaway UT iron. What do you think the benifits would be over a steel shaft?
It’s a touch lower launching IME. Benefits are weight and feel, not to mentioned a more tuned ball flight capability for a hybo/ut.

Loved my DI 95, but the Tensei Orange Pro is definitely growing on me. Just wish I could get away from orange.

Got some nice videos today with my 2h at 16* w/ VA Nemesys 90x and my 3 utility 19* w/ Ventus Black 90tx. I was hoping to post them here but it says file too large so I dunno if that will work

totally different flights and lots of fun to hit. The Ventus Black is pretty stout and hard to turn over. Gives a really nice low launch and slight fade flight

Back