Hybrids- Old vs. New

burmbuster

Reaction score
Handicap
I had always enjoyed the Cleveland Mashie hybrids. So much so that when I started playing regularly again I quickly scoured the earth for the M2-M5's to go back into my bag. I like the draw bias, weight, and the shafts are excellent. My irons are Srixon ZX5 MKII's so my bag isn't completely in the golf stone age. At 55 YOA I have opted to take the 6 iron out of the bag for something a little easier to hit for consistency. With no way of scoring a M6, at least as far as I have found, I ordered the new 2024 Cleveland Halo XL 6 hybrid. Looks to still to have a draw bias and has good reviews. So with Mashie's being about 11 yrs old in tech it will be fun to see the difference and compare. Will I migrate the Mashies out for the newer Halo's? Only time will tell but it will be fun finding out.

Really different clubs but you are going to have some fun testing both

When I start to lose my swing on my Callaway rogue hybrids I switch back to my old Cobra Bafflers. They are stupid easy to hit and just feel like butter. I lose 10-15 yards off each club in distance but I just adjust. Old faithful clubs still serve me well.

That will be a fun test.

As said the clubs are pretty different but man any time there’s a battle for a spot in the bag it’s fun

I love older Cleveland hybrids, the Launcher was the first I've ever been able to hit consistently. It's still sitting in my 5h slot and I have zero desire to try and replace it.

Last summer I could not hit my 5i anymore. I went to a used club shop to see about a 5 hybrid to replace it. I'm not a hybrid guy so I just wanted to try something out. I bought a Cleveland DST 5i 26* or 25* with a Diamana R flex shaft circa 2010. Paid $39. I just can't hit that club bad. I'm sure if I get a newer hybrid with a decent shaft I could get some more yardage but this thing is a consistent 165-175 for me. It found a permanent home in my bag.

Back