I admit it… Tiger is still an enormous draw for me.

If he is playing well and at the top of the leaderboard, then fair enough, have coverage of him. But I would rather watch the top of the leaderboard and see what is happening rather than the coverage focusing on Tiger when he is barely able to make it round a course and he is languishing in the bottom half of the scores

I'll watch him when he's in contention, the same way as I would watch anyone else who's there. I really feel for him struggling at the moment, but if I'm wanting to watch an entertaining golf tournament then I don't want to watch Tiger limping round the middle of the pack with the commentators endlessly speculating on his health, fitness and replaying old tournaments. I would like to see him lighting up the leaderboard just as any of us would, but am slightly tired of all the coverage just for the sake of it.

Been a fan since the first time I heard his name. His personal life may have been a little rough, but that’s his business.

At some point he just needs to hang it up. We all saw Tiger when he could PLAY. It was breathtaking. But that's not him anymore. A good stretch of holes, a good round, that's all he has left. Good golf moves the needle for me. Tiger just gets in the way of that.

All of this just demonstrates how desperately golf needs its next Tiger. The one we have now is almost worn out and there’s no one anywhere close to replacing him.

Maybe I’m on my own on this?
Nope. You're not the only one. They'll be talking about TW for generations. Why wouldn't I want to watch a legend, even if he is no longer the golfer he once was. Given the chance, most would have watched Ben Hogan play Sam Snead (or anyone else) in an exhibition after both were beyond their prime.

I only hope another legend comes around in my lifetime.

I saw TW doing a commercial for Bridgestone e12 balls today.

If I hadn't already tried them, and wrote them off, I probably would have ran down to the store, and bought a dozen.

Back