CONTEST I feel like a contest...

Quick update for those who might not have seen it in the other thread:

Paradym Round 1 9 Holes: 7/7 fairways
Paradym Round 2 9 Holes: 6/7 fairways
TSR2 9 Holes: 3/7 fairways
Those are some pretty clear numbers! 93% of fairways hit with the Paradym is unreal!

Paradym is just so good! Are you planning to hit them on a launch monitor as well before the 14 days are up or just going to go based on the range and on course testing?
I thought about trying to get onto a monitor, but honestly I'm more of a on-course visual test guy.

Those are some pretty clear numbers! 93% of fairways hit with the Paradym is unreal!
At first I wondered if it was because I didn't use it until the second nine yesterday and had had a chance to warm up, but 9 holes in the rain this morning out of the box pretty much quashed that theory. Fun fact, actually is that yesterday's drive on 12 was not only my longest drive this year on that hole but also the first time I think I have hit that fairway all year. I have been living in the left rough 99% of the time.

Rogue.

TSR2!

Titleist TSR2 is going to up your game enough to make you choose this one

Heard too many good things about TSR2. So you will put that in your Bag.
Thanks 4 doing this.

So here I am at a local driving range to run a little head to head to head competition for the driver spot in my Bag Boy ZTF. And I thought to myself why not run a little THP contest?
View attachment 9196340
Here are the details:
- I am currently gaming a OG Callaway Rogue
- I have 14 days to demo both a Titleist TSR2 and a Callaway Paradym

Enter here in this thread on which driver you think I will end up with - my current, the TSR2 or the Paradym. The contest will remain open until Sunday August 13th at which point I will make a decision. Those who chose correctly will go into a RNG and the winner will receive a prize from myself.

Good luck!

Oh, and as always if you comment that you're not entering but choose a club anyway I consider that an entry;)
the TSR2

Quick update for those who might not have seen it in the other thread:

Paradym Round 1 9 Holes: 7/7 fairways
Paradym Round 2 9 Holes: 6/7 fairways
TSR2 9 Holes: 3/7 fairways
The Paradym is a fairway finder. I had 75% FIR my first round and 2 of the misses were less than a yard off the fairway.

At first I wondered if it was because I didn't use it until the second nine yesterday and had had a chance to warm up, but 9 holes in the rain this morning out of the box pretty much quashed that theory. Fun fact, actually is that yesterday's drive on 12 was not only my longest drive this year on that hole but also the first time I think I have hit that fairway all year. I have been living in the left rough 99% of the time.

The Paradym is so good. It really is. I know it has been said a ton. But damn. Such a fun club.

I'm not going to lie - after splitting playing time between both of these clubs I don't believe that there is a discernible difference in performance. Initially the Paradym felt like an easier club to hit, but having used the TSR2 for both rounds this weekend it certainly redeemed itself. Each club gives me the solid feel and ball flight I want when I get acclimated to it; swapping back and forth hole by hole did not produce great results.
If there was one element that stood out, it's that to me the sound off the Titleist is better than the Callaway. It's also not a deal breaker, but after just six rounds of use the sole of the Paradym is scuffed up something fierce.
I'm going to sleep on it tonight and may need to go to a coin toss tomorrow.

I'm not going to lie - after splitting playing time between both of these clubs I don't believe that there is a discernible difference in performance. Initially the Paradym felt like an easier club to hit, but having used the TSR2 for both rounds this weekend it certainly redeemed itself. Each club gives me the solid feel and ball flight I want when I get acclimated to it; swapping back and forth hole by hole did not produce great results.
If there was one element that stood out, it's that to me the sound off the Titleist is better than the Callaway. It's also not a deal breaker, but after just six rounds of use the sole of the Paradym is scuffed up something fierce.

I absolutely love the Paradym and it doesn’t bother me anymore but I was shocked at how quickly the sole showed wear.

How is the dispersion on the TSR2 compared to Paradym? I thought that really stood out as a plus for the Callaway in your last comparison.

How is the dispersion on the TSR2 compared to Paradym? I thought that really stood out as a plus for the Callaway in your last comparison.
The TSR2 redeemed itself on the weekend for sure. I decided I was going to play the TSR and stick with it for the round as I had done with the Paradym.
Looking back through my SS data I missed 2 fairways Saturday and 2 on the front Sunday. I'm not going to count the back because ai was switching back and forth which made it really tough.
If I think about the misses I had with the TSR they were worse than the Paradym. For example I have a tendency to push my drives sometimes - they start out left and with the Paradym (and my Rogue) usually hold the edge of the fairway/hole, whereas with the TSR if they started left they usually wound up in the trees/through to the adjacent fairway.
I think I'm going to have to take both clubs to the range tomorrow (apparently I have until Wednesday to decide) and hit each one for 15 straight shots and see if I get the same comfort level with the Paradym as I was getting with the TSR this weekend.
Honestly I don't think I'd go wrong with either driver.

The TSR2 redeemed itself on the weekend for sure. I decided I was going to play the TSR and stick with it for the round as I had done with the Paradym.
Looking back through my SS data I missed 2 fairways Saturday and 2 on the front Sunday. I'm not going to count the back because ai was switching back and forth which made it really tough.
If I think about the misses I had with the TSR they were worse than the Paradym. For example I have a tendency to push my drives sometimes - they start out left and with the Paradym (and my Rogue) usually hold the edge of the fairway/hole, whereas with the TSR if they started left they usually wound up in the trees/through to the adjacent fairway.
I think I'm going to have to take both clubs to the range tomorrow (apparently I have until Wednesday to decide) and hit each one for 15 straight shots and see if I get the same comfort level with the Paradym as I was getting with the TSR this weekend.
Nice that you've got a couple extra days to decide! I think taking them to the range and hitting balls with each is how I'd make up my mind too.

Nice that you've got a couple extra days to decide! I think taking them to the range and hitting balls with each is how I'd make up my mind too.
The only problem is that I hate the range! I will instantly forget how to swing a golf club in a controlled manner.
Maybe I'll just try to get nine in somewhere instaed

Almost sounds like the Rogue might win out. Are they both better than current?

The only problem is that I hate the range! I will instantly forget how to swing a golf club in a controlled manner.
Maybe I'll just try to get nine in somewhere instaed
Ha! Sounds like a 9-hole round is in your future!

I do like the idea of feeling a club on the course. Especially considering the left miss you mentioned. A whole lot easier to see how a club is performing when the fairway is lined with trees!

yup. I never find the trees on the driving range. But on a course, that's a different story.

The TSR is the way. Paradym is a great clu
Go with the TSR. You won’t be disappointed

I have made a decision.

I would share said decision, but my phone is abou

Back