Ugh. Jerks. I definitely prefer to pick up items myself when possible in these cases, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. My neighborhood is generally pretty safe and people look out for stuff like this, but you just never know.

I had a driver delivered a few weeks ago. I was home and never heard the carrier which was odd. Just saw the delivery notification. I looked outside and nothing there. Looked across the street and there is a driver shaped box sitting on their front porch. Ask your neighbors because every carrier screws up and delivers to the wrong house regularly.

If it's USPS, sometimes the shipper will say it's delivered but they delivered it to USPS for delivery.

Amazon takes a pic of the package on your porch.

I have a neighbor whom I actually know, and as soon as a delivery is at my door, and I am on business,/out of town, I text them and ask them to pick it up from my porch.
I was just reading about an Amazon driver who was taking pics of packages on the porch and then loading them back on the truck. How people don't know about doorbell cameras by now blows my mind.

I had a driver delivered a few weeks ago. I was home and never heard the carrier which was odd. Just saw the delivery notification. I looked outside and nothing there. Looked across the street and there is a driver shaped box sitting on their front porch. Ask your neighbors because every carrier screws up and delivers to the wrong house regularly.

This happens 3 or 4 times a year to me. I live on Maxwell Lane and there is a Maxwell Street about a mile away with the same number. I get theirs and they get mine a few times a year.

Last year USPS delivered my Theragun Mini to my neighbor's house. I was checking the tracking and it showed "Delivered", but I had been home and waiting for it all day and never saw it. My neighbor came over in the evening after they got home from work and gave it to me, saying it had been on their porch.

My neighbor started his truck early in the week and it sounded like it was ready to explode. He drove it out of the driveway and i thougth not good. Saw him yesterday and someone cut out his catalitic converer while parked at a boat ramp. I see that posted all the time on my fishing board but first person I know personally that it happened to. About a 500 dollar deductable and 3000 repair.

When a pattern of crime emerges seems all the bad people get onto the pattern all around the country.

Sorry for your loss. Just a few years ago I had a brand new full set of SL Cobra irons taken off the front porch.
Bought them directly from Cobra Canada and they were great about it... sent me a replacement set after a few days investigation with the carrier.

Back