I thought i had lost myswing.

Dazpom

Reaction score
After a long lay off from the game, i came back expecting to take up where i left off, no way did this happen. My swing was all over the place and its only when i found a youtube segment with Trevino and Daly, did i realise what i was doing wrong. Following the slow motion captions of Trevino, i realised i use to stand slightly open and took the club outside the line and dropped it in. This works for me and i dont have to try and belt the living poop out of the ball plus, i can hit the balls i just about the same spot all the time with the same distance.

This swing works for me and when you look back at golfers from the past era,s, some had really odd swings, that worked, today, all the Pro,s seem to have the same swing and just want to over power the ball.

Glad you found a tip that helped you! It is always such a great feeling to get back in a groove.

Congrats on finding a fix that works for you.

Glad it's working for you!

After a long lay off from the game, i came back expecting to take up where i left off, no way did this happen. My swing was all over the place and its only when i found a youtube segment with Trevino and Daly, did i realise what i was doing wrong. Following the slow motion captions of Trevino, i realised i use to stand slightly open and took the club outside the line and dropped it in. This works for me and i dont have to try and belt the living poop out of the ball plus, i can hit the balls i just about the same spot all the time with the same distance.

This swing works for me and when you look back at golfers from the past era,s, some had really odd swings, that worked, today, all the Pro,s seem to have the same swing and just want to over power the ball.
Jon Rahm has a similar action to Trevino. Do you have a flexed (bowed) left wrist from takeaway to impact? The drop inside of the arms and flattening of the shaft during transition is due to the external rotation of the right shoulder and the right elbow returning to its address position in front of the right hip.
The bowed left wrist comes with a supinated left forearm (palm up) during the takeaway and through impact. It feels weak which is the reason it is not taught in popular golf instruction.

Jon Rahm has a similar action to Trevino. Do you have a flexed (bowed) left wrist from takeaway to impact? The drop inside of the arms and flattening of the shaft during transition is due to the external rotation of the right shoulder and the right elbow returning to its address position in front of the right hip.
The bowed left wrist comes with a supinated left forearm (palm up) during the takeaway and through impact. It feels weak which is the reason it is not taught in popular golf instruction.

Mate, i wouldnt have a clue, i just hit the ball and it goes where i want it to.

go with what works for you

@razaar , that's a perfect explanation of what I've been working on with my coach. It certainly feels odd, but does let me trap the ball and is also helping me to get the club head back to square at impact (better).

@Dazpom , apologies for jumping your thread!

Always nice to straighten out an issue in the swing to get ya back on track.

Back