Identify the thing that is within your ability to improve that would have the greatest impact on your scores.

My GIR percentage sucks (currently around 24% average over my last 18 rounds), but it's a result of my bad ballstriking. Even when I leave myself in a decent position, my inconsistency has me doing everything but hitting the greens.
I tracked my stats the last 2 rounds before the shut down - 33% GIR, 60% fairways hit. Clearly not a huge sample, but it's about what I would expect over a larger sample. So even with fairways hit, I am only on the green about half the time of those. That conversion of fairways hit to GIR will be the key for me. Then I will work on my driving...

I tracked my stats the last 2 rounds before the shut down - 33% GIR, 60% fairways hit. Clearly not a huge sample, but it's about what I would expect over a larger sample. So even with fairways hit, I am only on the green about half the time of those. That conversion of fairways hit to GIR will be the key for me. Then I will work on my driving...
My stats over the last 18 rounds are showing 41% fairways hit (with 32% missed left and 24% missed right), and the 24% GIR - but fairway misses on my home course often aren't all that punitive and still result in a nice playable lie, so I can't really even use that as an excuse. I can think my way around a course and aim at the right places, my downfall is that I don't hit what I'm aiming at.

For me it will always seems to be tied to my driver. I drive the ball well, I score well. I get in trouble with the driver, my score is in trouble. I have some high hopes for the consistency of the new driver currently in the bag though. Cobra SZ, tour length. 🤞🤞

Back