If interested in one of the new driver releases (or the Titleist Tsi, since it is out), what do you want it to do better than your current driver?

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 5.4
I would want it to lower spin, while retaining the forgiveness. How about you?

Sound better. Honestly, that was the only complaint I had/have with my Mav SZ. With my weight settings it has a pretty loud crack to it.

Currently gaming a TM Sim Max. Been using it for about 3 months now and has been a very good driver for me. As soon as I saw the Titleist was coming out with the TSi line, I knew I would be trying one of those. I have a TSi3 on order and is supposed to be here this week. When I went to a Titleist fitting, I really fell in love with the sound of the TSi3. Also really liked the profile at address. Just looks so good to the eye. I don't see how it will be any longer than the Sim Max. If It can be close with a little better dispersion, then I will be extremely happy...until the newest driver that comes out catches my eye!

I want it to sound like the TS4. My epic flash does not have that lovely sound, but the TS4 does not have any forgiveness

For me, it needs to have the feel and look of the Speedzone Xtreme, the length of the Callaway Epic Flash SZ and sit square at address. Not too much to ask, surely?

RAD, lower spin than Speedzone

For me it's always spin reduction with the same launch I am accustomed to. It's going to be really tough to get much better than the B21 honestly. It's kind of my driver soul mate. Before getting it I would have been 100% going to get fit into Titleist new line because I loved the TS3 so much, but now I am not even thinking about driver in 2021.

For it to hit the ball straighter...who are we kidding, it's me and has always been me.

Hoping the B21 will allow me to see less of the right side of the course. We will see come spring time.:(

Ill probably eat my words later....but I am extremely happy with my PXG Proto driver and have no reason to change (but thats not fun as a club ho). Its been longer than anything ive played and surprisingly quite forgiving. Ive also hit the most fairways per round with this in my bag.

This was lower launching and lower spinning than the SZ Xtreme and the sound is much much better. I never got used to the loud sound of the Xtreme although it was a great performer

Will I try every new driver???? OF COURSE!........ The PXG looks super clean and confidence inspiring at address, but in honor of the thread, the only thing I would change is having some color on the head. I prefer the look of the SIM at address. The colors look incredible and not distracting at all. So looks of the SIM with performance of PXG Proto

The TSi (other than perhaps a new Callaway release) is the only driver I might honestly upgrade for. I have a PXG I like due to its incredible adjustability that is 15 yards longer than a recent PING I had at least for me. The feel is not as good as my son's Titliest TS3 however. Played Titleist for years and they have a beautiful look and feel and in the end it is all about the testing and fitting and I might try a Titleist Thursday or other fitting and would depend on the shaft choices as much as anything - as a senior need some flex and lightness in a quality shaft. Titleist usually does that pretty well.

I love my Mavrik but it can be too easy for me to hit a hard draw or hook with. I would love my next driver to be more fade biased and get the left side out of play.

I love my Mavrik but it can be too easy for me to hit a hard draw or hook with. I would love my next driver to be more fade biased and get the left side out of play.

almost exactly what i was going to say, except about the mav max. i do love it, but there have been too many shots recently where i make good contact with what feels like a good swing and i see a hard draw. that’s not a shape i like. i’d prefer much straighter, maybe even a little fade bias so i’m not afraid to uncork one.

almost exactly what i was going to say, except about the mav max. i do love it, but there have been too many shots recently where i make good contact with what feels like a good swing and i see a hard draw. that’s not a shape i like. i’d prefer much straighter, maybe even a little fade bias so i’m not afraid to uncork one.
I think the Speedzone drivers do that really well. Maybe try a Cobra this year?

I want to better explore head/shaft combos for a fit. I lose a fair bit of ball speed and distance now due to spin and where I tend to hit on the face. I was not fit to current driver. I went with emotional comfort. I’m consistent but believe I can retain that with some pow pow.

Lower spin, more penetrating launch and more forgiveness!

Man. My sim set up is going to be very tough to beat. But it has to perform better. Better dispersion, better ball speed and spin etc. I am not looking for 15 yards. But it has to be better.

Get fit and IMO get a highly adjustable driver whatever path you go and happy hunting! So many fine clubs out there. My son upgraded shaft into a TS3 I had tried it and got ok results but he is crushing it and plays to a 2. He can maneuver it well.

I want a driver to be a weapon again rather than a liability. I’ve struggled with distance & launch since cracking my 1st TS3. The replacement is the same degree & model but if I can get it off the ground, it’s high right & in my shadow, if it’s low, it’s left. Plenty of roll out but it’s infuriating. So to answer the question, better all the way around. I want launch & distance back & in a bad way.

The TSi3 just looks good behind the ball and sounds good.

Higher launch, less way out right when I really muck it up. Enough spin to stay in the air when I close the face at impact.

Have you tried the std Mav head? I tried the Max and even with the heavy weight in the back it was still hooky for me. The Mav std head I had a hard time turning over. Straight to baby fade at times.

If I could build the perfect driver it would have the sound of the Mavrik, performance/consistency of the Epic Flash and looks of the Ping G425 or Cobra Rad (matte crown).

I want to hit it farther and just as straight as I do today. Unfortunately without a driver swing change to hit up on the ball more I seem to have maxed out my driver distance. When I do try to improve aoa I tend to hit pull hooks.

Back