If you are over 60....?

With older me’s handicap being half younger me‘s handicap I’d say older me wins most every match. Younger me never knew where his driver was going.

present Day me would win. Lessons and a good practice makes a difference.

I'm 68 and would win because I didn't start playing golf until 18 years ago.

I’m just 14 months shy of age 60 and the younger me would win. My irons were only slightly more forgiving back then and my driver was a 460cc Ping G2 in 2005 which I still have and I don’t hit it too much differently today than my Paradym. I had more club head speed back then and hadn’t yet needed any of my 5 orthopedic surgeries on my shoulders, knees, and arm. I also had better vision that allowed me to see break more easily.

The younger me would win, driver 250 carry. Older me 180 total distance with driver.

20 years ago I was only an occasional golfer. Breaking 100 was a challenge. So definitely the older me would win every time. Even with the shorter drives.

That's kind of difficult because I have moved up to the senior tees. My senior tee self would beat the younger version by 5-8 strokes.

My younger self would kick my butt. He was a +2, +3 player. Current self is struggling to remain a single digit........
Severe degeration in the spine, I've lost 40 yards off the drive. Never know from one weather front to the next how far each club will go.

Last edited:
I would have to change it to 25 since I was not playing 20 years due to Twins. My younger self without any second thoughts. So long with every Club, never noticed Hazards (what Water), Work the Ball however I wanted, but 3Putt all the time. 😞

77 vs. 57. @57 was still working and on the road a lot. Tried to play at least once on a weekend, but didn't always work out. Short game stunk.
Today, we play 6 to 7 days/wk. Short game is pretty good. We play the forward tees, today. Once in a while, I'll join son-in-law and another "youngster" on back tees for a weekend round. They outhit me 50+ yards. I will still compete and beat them with short irons and a short game.
So, I'd really believe I'd beat the 57 year old if I had a chance to tee it up with him today.

Back