If you could hit one club like a tour pro every time which one would it be?

Which club would you choose? Only one Club choose the grouping but indicate which club in the post

• Driver

Votes: 78 54.9%
  • Long Wood (3 - 5)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • HL wood (7 - 11)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hybrid or Long Iron (21 degree through 24 degree)

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Mid Iron 6 - 8

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Short Irons 9 - PW

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Wedge 48 - 60

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • Putter

Votes: 34 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Driver 100%. Sets up shorter clubs in 100% of shots, and more balls in play, let alone in the fairway.

A PGA driver would turn my normal ~5800 yard white tees into mini golf. It would barely even be the same sport.

While I would love to have the accuracy and distance of a tour pro's wedges, I have to choose driver. Struggling currently keeping driver in the fairway so being able to get some added distance with much more accuracy off the tee would be fantastic. It would also make for shorter irons on approach which has to help the game as well.

100% = putter.

Wedges. I want the short game of a tour pro.

Driver, no doubt. I'd hit a lot more GIRs being anywhere from 70-100 yards closer to the green on every drive.

I voted for Driver.
Being 120+ yards closer would do wonders for my scoring.

Driver for sure. Imagine hitting a wedge or short iron into most par 4's, and a mid iron into some par 5's. Especially, since at 76, I'm hitting from the Senior Tees. LOL

Driver for me. Playing with @MattyD-MPLS in Coeur d'Alene made me realize how much better i could be if i could drive the ball even marginally better/further. A pro's driving would help hugely.

I voted putter because that’s probably the worst part of my game. Wedges were a very very close second choice though

Going with the driver as that would mean I am hitting much shorter clubs into the greens.

Drive for dough, putt for show. Give me driver. More short irons and wedges, less need to hit those longer clubs.

Driver for me. Playing with @MattyD-MPLS in Coeur d'Alene made me realize how much better i could be if i could drive the ball even marginally better/further. A pro's driving would help hugely.
once I got you in position during the first round, you were deadly!

I voted... Wedge.

These guys are ridiculously accurate from < 100 yards, and can make the ball do magic tricks on the green, LOL... :LOL:

Putter...I think

Man, this is tougher than I thought.

- Driver would mean a huge gain in distance, shorter irons in, allegedly better score.
- Wedges would mean substantially closer to the hole from everywhere, which means better putting chances, which means lower scores.
- Putter is obvious.
- Iron play would mean a huge percentage of GIRs, even from my crappy positions off the tee.

Driver. All Day. Would translate to 30+ yards. 3 club difference into greens. Gimme some of that .

Putter. I am "fine" with the rest of my game "as is" but if I could drain 6-12' putts with PGA % and lag put from >25' like a tour pro that makes up 50% of all the shots we take vs. "driver" being at best 14 times per round......

I said putter. Why? Because I tend to 3 putt a lot of holes. Par 3's I'm sometimes on the green in 1 and looking at birdie. I usually walk away with a double or triple bogey. Why? Because my putting is terrible.

This is such a good question. At first I thought it would be an easy answer… driver. How cool would that be? Then I started to think more strategically and which club do you use most throughout a round? Your putter. If I could putt like a pro I’d take a lot of strokes off my game.

Putter and it’s not even close. If you have never seen a tour caliber putter it is absolutely amazing. I have played with a lot of guys that have tour level driver swings. But only 2 that had tour level putting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back