If you could improve an area of your game by 10%….???

If I hit my drives 10% farther or 20+ yards, I'd hit more greens, a lot more greens so I know my score would go down.

My gut reaction was driving accuracy, but I think 10% mor GIR's would benefit me more.

I think it depends on how we are quantifying a 10% improvement. 10% closer to the hole for both, then i'm going Driver as that would be a bigger improvement. If it's 10% closer with Driver or making 10% more putts then I'll take making 10% more putts.
This. How the 10% improvement is defined matters. I'll stick with my 260ish average with driver if it I'm getting around in 29 putts instead of 32.

putting for sure

10% better driving accuracy.
I know the old adage “drive for show, putt for dough” but I’m not making any dough having my drive in an unplayable or OB position.
I easily lose 4-5 strokes around because of bad drives. I putt around 36 times a round which would be 3.6 putts per round better.

Last edited:
Driving accuracy 💯

Putting definitely, in putts made. That's at least a 3 putt per round difference from my average, which translates directly to strokes.

Putting for me, while I am not a long driver of the ball I am usually pretty accurate.

Iron play!
I’m not long, but pretty straight off the tee, but I have a good short game and I’m a decent putter.
Good short game because I haven’t hit a GIR in a couple of years it feels like…..🙄

Of the 2 choices it would be putting; if I got to pick anywhere I'd go with GIR%.

I'm going to have to read a few Lou Stagner posts before I can answer.

I don't know... I'll take improvement anywhere, though 10% is just polishing the turd.

Driving accuracy is what my anecdotal brain is telling me, even though strokes gained is telling me putting is the biggest weakness between my current game and the next level.

Driving

Driver

I hit 60% of fairways the last 2 years. Distance could be better but 10% probaby wouldn’t be a big help scoring wise. I might of taken approach shots if that was an option. So it’s putting. That would get me just under 30 putts a round so that would be helpful.

Driving specifically distance. And I’m trying to get way more than 10% better thru speed training.

It’ll be more like 20% better if all goes to plan.

I’d be ecstatic if I could average 50’ of putts made per round as it would easily knock 2-3 strokes off my index. FWIW, the PGA Tour average is around 75‘. I’m working hard on improving my putting this year including lessons.

Putting for sure!

This. How the 10% improvement is defined matters. I'll stick with my 260ish average with driver if it I'm getting around in 29 putts instead of 32.
Definitely this. Putting improvement in stroke reduction would the biggest benefit.

If not then I'd take 10% less dispersion over 10% more distance on the driver.

Inside 100 yards.

Back