If You Could Make A HOI as a Pro, Which Hole Would You Pick and why?

H8tobogie

MC Team Hackers 2020
Reaction score
Handicap
Watching the tournament today made me think about this and 17 at Sawgrass would be a tempting answer for me, but I think I would go with 16 at Augusta. Mainly because it is late in the round like Sawgrass and would be immortalized as no atmosphere compares to The Masters, IMO.

So what hole and tournament would you pick and why? Even if it is a course on the rota for The Open or US Open.

Update: Assume you are in the final round and one off the lead... then pick your hole.

Last edited:
I’m picking #12 at Augusta

From a pure reactionary standpoint, 16 at TPC Scottsdale for the Waste Management would be absolutely outrageous

16 at Scottsdale on Sunday because the crowd would be going crazy.

Depends on the situation. Which round? Whats my current standing?

I think all pros would rather have a HOI at Augusta than any other course but a HOI at lets say TPC Saw #17 for example being one down and jumping to the lead or something would legendary.

17 at Scottsdale (I think it’s 17, whichever one has 200k people in grandstands cheering and heckling). That’d be a VERY fun walk.

Others would be cool but to have that many people watch you master a golf shot live would be awesome.

From a pure reactionary standpoint, 16 at TPC Scottsdale for the Waste Management would be absolutely outrageous
That would be top 5 for sure for me

#13 at Augusta because I know it's not #12 the par 3.:D and if I get an HIO there, it's really something special!

Depends on the situation. Which round? Whats my current standing?

I think all pros would rather have a HOI at Augusta than any other course but a HOI at lets say TPC Saw #17 for example being one down and jumping to the lead or something would legendary.
No doubt. I'd say assume you're in the same situation... 1 down in final round and then what would you choose?

No doubt. I'd say assume you're in the same situation... 1 down in final round and then what would you choose?

Gotta go Masters if you're in the hunt but in that case I'd give the nod to #16 if you were 1 down. That would be insane

Gotta go Masters if you're in the hunt but in that case I'd give the nod to #16 if you were 1 down. That would be insane
That'd be my thinking. I would want less holes and while I like 12, the fan presence around 16 would just be insane!!!!

Id pick any par 4 that is driveable. Most strokes gained lol.

You have to go with the Masters whenever you're given the choice. I'd pick #12 because my game wants no part of putting on that green.

US Open, Pebble Beach, #7. Gives me enough time to enjoy the ace, then get back down to reality from the mental high I just experienced, and back to work to finish the tourney.

#16 TPC Scottsdale! Would be epic.

US Open, Pebble Beach, #7. Gives me enough time to enjoy the ace, then get back down to reality from the mental high I just experienced, and back to work to finish the tourney.
Close, but the US Open at Pebble Beach, last round, down by one, 17th hole. You've got Jack's 1-iron, Watson's chip in, and now you would have my ace in the history books!

Close, but the US Open at Pebble Beach, last round, down by one, 17th hole. You've got Jack's 1-iron, Watson's chip in, and now you would have my ace in the history books!
I like it!!

#16 at Augusta ⛳

I want to hit it right of that ridge, let it trickle down & go in the hole. (y)

#16 at Augusta ⛳

I want to hit it right of that ridge, let it trickle down & go in the hole. (y)

#16 at Augusta here too! Make it on Sunday, that means I am playing all 4 rounds.

#16 at Augusta for the coup de grace in a Masters win, no doubt.

Several great answers. The context you provided at the end makes all the difference to me. My choice? The 18th hole on the Old White TPC course at the Greenbriar Classic. This HIO would take me from one down to the win with one swing of the club.

Definitely Augusta, without a doubt. Whilst I prefer the 12th hole aesthetically, it would have to be the 16th, especially if I was one behind the lead. The reaction from the galleries would be something that would live in the memory forever.

#12 at the Masters. That hole screams magical & potential disaster at the same time.

Back