If you had to choose one manufacturer...

Their irons and woods have been getting so much positive feedback this year that it wouldn't break my heart even a little bit if I were forced to go this route.
You also get :xxio: irons in the mix too... Don't sell XXIO short.

You could easily add Mizuno to that list with their ball and Wood improvements over the past few years.
With more shaft options now, i might find a Mizuno iron I like. Recent purchase of Srixon irons and long history of Cleveland wedges sways me towards Srixon/Cleveland.

You also get :xxio: irons in the mix too... Don't sell XXIO short.
As a lefty, my XXIO options are......limited (at least they were the last time that I checked. Admittedy, that was a couple of years ago).

Cobra for obvious reasons!

old bag was all Titleist, been on a left dash kick lately so that will be the ball with the Cobra equipment!

Last edited:
I don't want to give up playing a Bullseye putter so my answer to your question is Titleist.

If it had to be a company that made a ball I’d have a tough time picking between mizuno and titleist.

I think heart strings may lean towards Mizuno but there are some stellar brands out there that could also do the whole bag (excluding the big 3)

Due to Cobra lacking a ball, I'm going probably with Callaway.

Taybrawayist

Going strictly by the rules, I would easily pick Mizuno, just picked up 4 dozen Tour RB balls and picking up a VI putter sometime this summer. It's funny, I had been feeling some urgency in getting the putter but as of Monday that has cooled down some.😉

...I'd be very sad at the lack of choices.

Right now I'd say Mizuno, with Srixon/Cleveland a really close second, but there are five or six that I could easily do because they are all making such great gear.
I'd have to agree. Their irons are really coming along. I see they have made some improvements with their golf ball as well. I give it a few years before they get competitive with their drivers. But you can't go wrong with any of the top guys, but mizuno is definitely on the up

Easily Callaway for me. They are fantastic throughout the whole lineup plus the crew there is top notch.

After that I may actually have to give it to Titleist. They have made some great strides with driver and the rest of the lineup is quite good.

Callaway or Cleveland/Srixon/XXIO?! That's a tough one!

Since Hogan doesn't have a ball, I would go with Mizuno.

My first non-boxset club was a Callaway and I've pretty much stuck with them for most of my clubs. I was even a little disappointed when I was first fitted with my hybrids and irons that I couldn't get as good results with the Callaway clubs as I got with the TaylorMade clubs. Now with Big Bertha Reva I've gone back to a mostly Callaway bag.
For ball selection I've gone through quite a few companies and played Wilson, Bridgestone and Titlist for a while, but after trying Callaway Supersoft it was back to Callaway I went.

Callaway or Srixon would be the contenders for me based on my current bag and how badly Taylormade and Titleist clubs have performed in the past

To me it's Callaway no question.
Quality equipment and great customer service.

Editors note, To be fair I haven't tried all the manufacturers.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cobra, except they don't make golf balls, so if that's a criteria, then probably Srixon.

The irons putters, and woods make Callaway the leader for me. The ball is ridiculously good. I haven’t had very much exposure to the wedges.

Before you just claim bias, I have been a odyssey user for a very long time and had the Apex 19s from launch of the product. It just cemented the love for them.

If you had to choose just one manufacturer for your equipment - absolutely everything from ball to driver, who would it be and why?
Mizuno. No question. Hands down the best irons that money can buy, arguably some of the best wedges, woods and hybrids that are competitive with anything out there and golf balls that perform very well.
Theres a reason why theres been so many pros over the years who have played Mizunos because they wanted to, not because Mizuno sponsored them.

I have a bag with Callaway, Mizuno, Titliest, Taylormade and Bridgestone. I can easily say Mizuno (irons) is hands down my favorite.

Mark another for Mizuno

Back