Indoor chipping setup?

Bosco...

JB Cobb III told me to do it.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
12’ish
Whatcha got? I don’t care about any kind of “sim” movie screen stuff. I’ve got an empty 2 car garage that I’m thinking a small mat and “targets” either to land in/on or elevated “targets” to shoot at. Really want to work on consistent contact and alignment.

You're going to want a net. Golf balls do crazy things in garages.

Man when I was in HS and obsessed, I used this setup that would drive my mother crazy. Our living room, dining room, and the kitchen was pretty open-concept. I would grab two afghan blankets and tie them together. Stuff one int he back of the loveseat, and the other end would be on the kitchen table, usually with some books holding it in place. Then I would work on pitching shots over the loveseat and into the blanket. I would also try to get as close to the loveseat as possible and flop it over.

Now that I have my own house, there is no chance in hell I'm doing that.

Hitting mat and a couple of 5 gallon buckets.

You're going to want a net. Golf balls do crazy things in garages.

For sure, thinking about hanging a dropcloth like a shower curtain with the bottom turned up into a “pocket” so to speak to catch everything. I had something similar for bb’s when I was a kid.

We have indoor/outdoor carpeting in part of the basement. I like to chip off of that b/c it gives me practice off of tight lies. We also have a couple of
cushioned "kid-sized easy chairs" for a small child (4 year old grandson). It's very soft, sits on the floor and has a seat that's about a foot off the ground and a
back that's probably 2-3 feet high. That chair is my "chipping target." If I hit a perfect chip, it rebounds off the chair back on the fly and bounces right back to
me. That's my "chipping station," LOL.....! Works great....I hit about 10-20 chips a day with each of my wedges.....

Last edited:
Back